El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i got my new lokar shifter in this week. it's a 12 nostalgia transmission mount shifter for the th350. i'm going to install a bench seat when i'm done with the floor and interior paint. the old 69 chevelle console shifter wouldn't allow for use with a bench. i'm uploading pics of the process so all can see how it worked out. it wasn't too bad, but the transmission mount brackets interfered with the floor/tunnel so i cut it out and built a new tunnel.

old shifter and console, going to jarhead jim

here it is after i removed the console and shifter

and after the initial cut away

close up

installing the mounting bracket

shifter mounted

from above, sorry the linkage is out of focus, i didn't realise the camera was focused on the knob untill i downloaded the pics.

beginning work on the new tunnel

new tunnel done

all done, at least until my floor pans come in. when i get those i'll add photos of that job too. hope the photos and info were useful.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm doing everything on the car that I can. I'm going to enlist some help from a buddy when it comes time for the front suspension and steering, but everything else I've done by myself. Plan on putting up pics of all the things I'm doing. Sort of a chronological photo journal of my build. Thanks for the compliments guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts