El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1985 GMC Caballero with the Amarillo package in Canyon, TX (30 miles South of Amarillo, TX) that was purchased new on 7/31/85 by the previous owner. It has bumps, bruises and a few hail dents, but all in all not it too bad a shape. The headliner was suspended and held in place by thumbtacks, so I bought the material and replaced the headliner. Best surprise I've had in a long time... the original RPO from the plant in Mexico was tucked above the headliner!

Current plans are to complete the bodywork, paint, new tires, find some replacement trim pieces and spray in a bed liner instead of the slip in bedliner now in place. 85 Caballero.JPG

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently purchased a 1985 GMC Caballero with the Amarillo package in Canyon, TX (30 miles South of Amarillo, TX) that was purchased new on 7/31/85 by the previous owner. It has bumps, bruises and a few hail dents, but all in all not it too bad a shape. The headliner was suspended and held in place by thumbtacks, so I bought the material and replaced the headliner. Best surprise I've had in a long time... the original RPO from the plant in Mexico was tucked above the headliner!

Current plans are to complete the bodywork, paint, new tires, find some replacement trim pieces and spray in a bed liner instead of the slip in bedliner now in place. View attachment 130478
Hi Safetymantexas, nice 85, I like it! What is the Amarillo package if you don't mind me asking? New to El Caminos and all of the varieties.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello Safetymantexas, welcome to ECC, from Seattle, Wa.
Nice rig, post more pics when you get the chance. Tell us more about the way that the previous owner used/treated it if you can, and about some of the plans you have for it.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Hi Safetymantexas, nice 85, I like it! What is the Amarillo package if you don't mind me asking? New to El Caminos and all of the varieties.
GMC= Caballero (Base, Amarillo)
Chev= El Camino (Base, Conquista, SS)

there are also a number of package variations depending on year and line; Sprint, Diablo, Royal Knight, Black Knight, ChooChoo, etc. I'm sure one of our members has a spreadsheet chart somewhere

1 - 9 of 9 Posts