El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Tim. Don't have one yet, but thinking about getting an El Camino as a weekend driver/project to have fun and enjoy. Guess my favorites are 65-71, but have been thinking about a 78-80, or maybe a 81 and swapping out to an earlier grille. Need to make some room first so working on selling my 94 GMC Sierra.

I am in Fallbrook, CA, sort of between Los Angeles/Orange County and San Diego.

Just kind of lurking at the moment, reading through people's build threads, but if I pick up something I will be a more active member.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Hi, my name is Tim. Don't have one yet, but thinking about getting an El Camino as a weekend driver/project to have fun and enjoy. Guess my favorites are 65-71, but have been thinking about a 78-80, or maybe a 81 and swapping out to an earlier grille. Need to make some room first so working on selling my 94 GMC Sierra.

I am in Fallbrook, CA, sort of between Los Angeles/Orange County and San Diego.

Just kind of lurking at the moment, reading through people's build threads, but if I pick up something I will be a more active member.
Elco's are Elco's my friend! I'm driving an 87 currently and have owned a 70 and a 72 model. Poke around and hopefully you find the one that tells you to buy it! I am currently in search of a vehicle for a motor that told me to buy it about a month ago! Hold out for the one that you just can't pass up!

Joe

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome Tim from Pittsburgh Pa. You will know when you see it
that one is for me. Enjoy the site and your search. Russ

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hi Tim welcome..
I joined here, sold my car and then took my time getting the right one this time.. I found the perfect one a 69 SS396 with a 1978 454/ new T-400/ 2.87 rear end gears. It needed an interior but that was it..

I think the 68 to 72 series elcos are some of the best but they are all nice. I always wanted a 59-60.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello Tim, welcome to ECC, from a '78 and '79 in Seattle, Wa.
Fallbrook, land of avacados.
I don't know how old you might be, but I helped to set-up the old Chief Auto Parts store that used to be in Fallbrook in the late '70s and early '80s. At that time I was living in Orange County (which is now orange-less), before moving up to Seattle in '88.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts