El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned several 80's trucks since early 90's. Started with used purchase of a 83 Royal Knight SS 8 cylinder in 1990.
Years have passed and I still own her but transition and years have taken a toll. Covid-19 problems, work hour reduction, and my love for other vehicles have left me neglecting her and now given me time to fix things now.

Visiting my parts bins to put her to almost new condition have led me to start selling parts as I also have many Alfa Romeo parts. I will be using the For Sale link the most and will answer any questions I can due to my self solving abilities and lack of needing assistance. Memory fades after ageing and my garage having a beer refrigerator.

New steering assembly in place but wiper connection has different color wires so I have no wiper control which led me to this site.

Joe

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
Hi Joe, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I'd like to see pictures of your Royal Knight. Where abouts at you located? Enjoy and have fun with it.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
I have owned several 80's trucks since early 90's. Started with used purchase of a 83 Royal Knight SS 8 cylinder in 1990.
Years have passed and I still own her but transition and years have taken a toll. Covid-19 problems, work hour reduction, and my love for other vehicles have left me neglecting her and now given me time to fix things now.

Visiting my parts bins to put her to almost new condition have led me to start selling parts as I also have many Alfa Romeo parts. I will be using the For Sale link the most and will answer any questions I can due to my self solving abilities and lack of needing assistance. Memory fades after ageing and my garage having a beer refrigerator.

New steering assembly in place but wiper connection has different color wires so I have no wiper control which led me to this site.

Joe
Joe , Welcome to NECOA and your willingness to answer questions that others may have . Hopefully , a knowledgable member will see and help with your wiper question . Feel free to post a forum in the appropriate forum section for best results . Also , check out the " search feature " , that will pull up info/posts on your question .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will fill in my personal stuff as I continue to log in. I do not know yet if this site has a 10 entry minimum like other sites so I may as well find out as I introduce myself. I live in Chesapeake VA and just experienced how to remove the female connectors from the turn/wiper plastic connector to pull them thru the colluum slide. P.I.T.A. now to try it while in the truck. By the way does this site call the vehicle a truck or car?
Joe

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I always called mine a car because it's based on a Chevelle but others call them trucks. Or crucks. Basically anything you want to call it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New York called it a commercial vehicle years ago and Virginia now call it a truck which allows me to put on extra dark tint on the windows which I have not completed yet. Rust below rear window is my next project after getting the wipers working correctly. Pictures before and after will follow.
Joe

·
Registered
224 Posts
You mention NY state calling it a commercial vehicle, did you buy it in NY in 1990? I sold my '83 SS in Rochester NY in 1990 to go to graduate school.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Purchased in Mississippi from my roommate Dave who was first owner. I grew up outside Utica NY.
Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts