El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously when a new member would join El Camino Central , us Regional Directors would receive an automatic message that verified the name , region and some basic information about the new member . This info would generate a welcome/ information letter from the association and us Regional Directors would also send a welcome letter with local contact names , numbers , events that we are sponsoring or attending in the hopes that the new member would join in the fun or better facilitate them finding the information that they might be looking for . For some time , from what I understand , is that we are no longer getting this vital info from Auto Forums , that run the website . National Director Ken Rogers has tried to restore us receiving this info but has not been able to so far . Not sure I am aware of all the " why nots " , but this loss of info is hurting our association . Is the restoration of this info/service possible ? In the meantime , we ask that new members include some basic info about them ; especially , what region of the world they are in , year and model etc. and post a hello in the new members forums . Your Regional Directors need your help .

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New member info still not available and no response to my inquiry from the Administrator . Will this problem be fixed or at least and answer be provided . In the past , we have had good response to a question :sad:

·
Director, Region 2
621 Posts
When Ken spoke about the issue it sounded like it wasn't a priority for Admin. I think if you start this on the Admin site it may help and we who are Regional Directors can join in.

Leo

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The site is still not providing us with this much needed new member info . Ken Rogers has exhausted his attempts and the Administrator says that it does not appear that Auto-forums will return to providing this information anytime soon . New members , please give us some info on where you live , year El Camino etc. We Regional Directors want to send you a welcome letter with information and invite you to join in our local events but right now don`t even know what country you are in unless you post it in the new Members forum :smile3:

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y
The site is still not providing us with this much needed new member info . Ken Rogers has exhausted his attempts and the Administrator says that it does not appear that Auto-forums will return to providing this information anytime soon . New members , please give us some info on where you live , year El Camino etc. We Regional Directors want to send you a welcome letter with information and invite you to join in our local events but right now don`t even know what country you are in unless you post it in the new Members forum :smile3:
Your Regional Directors are trying our best to help you get the most out of your membership here on El Camino Central and need your help . As a new member , please post in the New Members Forums by saying hello and let us know who you are , what you drive and what region of the world you live in . We send out a welcome letter , invite you to join us for a get together and try to help facilitate you finding the information you may be seeking . So let us know and come out to one of our events:cool:

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y

Your Regional Directors are trying our best to help you get the most out of your membership here on El Camino Central and need your help . As a new member , please post in the New Members Forums by saying hello and let us know who you are , what you drive and what region of the world you live in . We send out a welcome letter , invite you to join us for a get together and try to help facilitate you finding the information you may be seeking . So let us know and come out to one of our events:cool:
New members , we continue to need your support . Please help us in providing for our members .

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Previously when a new member would join El Camino Central , us Regional Directors would receive an automatic message that verified the name , region and some basic information about the new member . This info would generate a welcome/ information letter from the association and us Regional Directors would also send a welcome letter with local contact names , numbers , events that we are sponsoring or attending in the hopes that the new member would join in the fun or better facilitate them finding the information that they might be looking for . For some time , from what I understand , is that we are no longer getting this vital info from Auto Forums , that run the website . National Director Ken Rogers has tried to restore us receiving this info but has not been able to so far . Not sure I am aware of all the " why nots " , but this loss of info is hurting our association . Is the restoration of this info/service possible ? In the meantime , we ask that new members include some basic info about them ; especially , what region of the world they are in , year and model etc. and post a hello in the new members forums . Your Regional Directors need your help .
It has been 10 months since I posted this forum in the hopes that the Administrator or some responsibe person from Auto Forums will answer our questions and start trying to help our association . We have been polite in our requests to them but are continually ignored .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you for posting/reposting this info. I am still somewhat new, only about 3 months now.
Some of my responses to threads tell about my vehicles. I am in region 19, near the southern border of Seattle, Wa.

Daily Driver: '78 Caballero, transplanted v8 5spd stick (was factory v6 3spd stick).

In carport, under a Cover: '79 El Camino, fully stock 40,600 mile original (excluding belts, hoses, tires, battery, ect.), 350/350 PW, DL, CRZ, gauge package w/clock.

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has been 10 months since I posted this forum in the hopes that the Administrator or some responsibe person from Auto Forums will answer our questions and start trying to help our association . We have been polite in our requests to them but are continually ignored .
Elkybill and 5spdCab , Thanks for you support and that you have been active participants here at ECC . Hopefully by posting , you are encouraging others to be active and help our members to be of help when members need info or an event to attend . Hopefully when this pandemic is clear enough we can go back to meeting up for some El Camino fun .

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still no help from the site provider AutoForums .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for posting/reposting this info. I am still somewhat new, only about 3 months now.
Some of my responses to threads tell about my vehicles. I am in region 19, near the southern border of Seattle, Wa.

Daily Driver: '78 Caballero, transplanted v8 5spd stick (was factory v6 3spd stick).

In carport, under a Cover: '79 El Camino, fully stock 40,600 mile original (excluding belts, hoses, tires, battery, ect.), 350/350 PW, DL, CRZ, gauge package w/clock.
Newbies here....how do you know your region is 19?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
@Purpl
Near the top right side of the page, there are icons for navigation.
Click the FORUMS icon. It looks like the one I marked below in green, that takes you to a list of the forums.
Click on REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS.
You should then be able to determine in which region you reside.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Newbies here....how do you know your region is 19?
Hi Purpl, welcome to ECC.
When you signed up, there was a list of questions. One asks you to select the area of the country that you live in. I believe Washington, Oregon, and Idaho are region 19. If you missed that part, tap on your avatar, tap profile, scroll the right/left slider to "about", then scroll down to make changes where needed.
Also, when reading comments, you can tap on a commentors avatar to see some info about them too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts