El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be here and join another group of enthusiasts....here's what happened in the last couple days.

Just purchased relatively sight unseen 86 Conquista SS as I understand it and the numbers seem to bear that out...55k miles. Wisconson car, 9 yrs heated storage, totally stock and fully optioned. Shipping it to Atlanta this week. Small 60th b-day present to myself...terrific deal, $7k. Grew up in the Chevrolet culture, my Dad was corporate Chevrolet. Owner's father had it and he preserved it. Clean car, SS decals still in the glovebox. Can't wait to start tinkering with it and making it a 'little' better. I'd appreciate any guidance from those that have these...I'm a hot hatch guy but needed a cool daily.

Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome from Oxford Ga. Good looking cruck. The VIN won’t tell you what trim level you have, but from what I can see I think you have a Conquista with non standard paint scheme or a base model with added trim and second color. (SS ‘Sport Appearance’ trim, option code Z15, has almost no bright trim, and your trim is correct for a Conquista, just not the paint-the roof should match the lower body. You couldn’t get more than one trim level; they were either base, base converted to Choo Choo SS, Conquista or Z15 Sport Appearance). The Conquista bright trim could be added to a base model with solid color paint, so yours may be that. Post a pic of the option sticker (SPID) from the glovebox.
Patrick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick, if you have a minute please give me a call...I'd like to hear more about what I'm about to acquire. 770.713.7151

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LED headlights are the first order of business...will sort the rest out later, of course. Just here to learn 🏁

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello Jack, from Seattle, Wa.
Welcome to ECC.
That is most definitely a beauty. Will be looking forward to hearing about how it drives, and about some of it's history if the seller tells you about it's first 55k miles.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Hi Jack, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Your 86 Conquista is very sweet. Thank you for your introduction. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to be here and join another group of enthusiasts....here's what happened in the last couple days.

Just purchased relatively sight unseen 86 Conquista SS as I understand it and the numbers seem to bear that out...55k miles. Wisconson car, 9 yrs heated storage, totally stock and fully optioned. Shipping it to Atlanta this week. Small 60th b-day present to myself...terrific deal, $7k. Grew up in the Chevrolet culture, my Dad was corporate Chevrolet. Owner's father had it and he preserved it. Clean car, SS decals still in the glovebox. Can't wait to start tinkering with it and making it a 'little' better. I'd appreciate any guidance from those that have these...I'm a hot hatch guy but needed a cool daily.

View attachment 130393 View attachment 130394 View attachment 130395 View attachment 130396 Thanks, Jack
Welcome Jack, new member myself. You definitely have a nice ride. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome Jack from Pittsburgh Pa. Very nice truck really
like the colors. Looks like a good buy.Enjoy the site. Russ

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So when is your court date for stealing that beauty?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
:geek: Welcome Jack, Glad you found us.
Have fun and enjoy NECOA. X2 on
the paint, but I still like it. Sweet Elky.
From Nick & Don
Grove City, Ohio.. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts