El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 El Camino. Had it fro a long time and I am now starting to put it back together after paint. Just starting to inventory parts and also searching for some hardware. Missing screws and washers that attach the tail light housings to the body. Appreciate any info on a vendor that carries them.
Glad I found this forum. I see a lot of info here and some nice vehicles.

Dwight 66

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the welcome. Appreciate the AMK advice. Been using them for a lot of years. I also have a 66 Chevelle that was put together about 35 years or so ago. I like how they keep adding as they get new info. Have replied to a discussion on an Interior trim forum for the El Camino. Problem with how exactly the Rear window plastic trim fits. Trying to prep for headliner and I am not seeing how the trim fits once the headliner is installed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to ECC Dwight 66,
Mine is a '78 Caballero, also have a '79 El Camino.
Can you show us a few pics of your '66?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Up until my recent purchase my 66 camino was one of the top 3 of the Chevs that I missed the most. I really like to progress!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 66 El Camino. Had it fro a long time and I am now starting to put it back together after paint. Just starting to inventory parts and also searching for some hardware. Missing screws and washers that attach the tail light housings to the body. Appreciate any info on a vendor that carries them.
Glad I found this forum. I see a lot of info here and some nice vehicles.

Dwight 66
Hi Dwight 66! Welcome. I‘m restoring a ‘65 and several folks have pointed me to Original Parts Group (OPGI.com) and Ecklers (elcaminostore.com). You’re probably already savvy to both of these vendors but if not they seem to have pretty much everything from the big stuff to the nuts and bolts.
Yo Chaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Dwight 66! Welcome. I‘m restoring a ‘65 and several folks have pointed me to Original Parts Group (OPGI.com) and Ecklers (elcaminostore.com). You’re probably already savvy to both of these vendors but if not they seem to have pretty much everything from the big stuff to the nuts and bolts.
Yo Chaz
Hi, Good luck with your restoration. There are so many vendors out there these days with most of the parts and hardware for these vehicles but there are some parts, such as the window sash channels for my year, are not being reproduced as far as I know. I have not been able to locate any. Looks as though I will need to fabricate them. The window channel itself rusts out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Good luck with your restoration. There are so many vendors out there these days with most of the parts and hardware for these vehicles but there are some parts, such as the window sash channels for my year, are not being reproduced as far as I know. I have not been able to locate any. Looks as though I will need to fabricate them. The window channel itself rusts out.
Thanks for that note Dwight 66! When I do a deeper dive into my project I may find I have a similar issue. Who knows what lies under that hood, behind that dash and in those door panels. A lot of discovery ahead!
Yo Chaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only been here a couple of days and see that answers to a lot of questions can be found here. Haven't found anything yet as to how others have dealt with the same problem that I have. Hopefully someone will respond here or in in one of the other forums.
Dwight 66

1 - 15 of 15 Posts