El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many hours of work. I got my new motor installed. These pics were taken yesterday before wiring up the fans, water pump, and fuel pump. There is new mounting brackets for power steering and alternator to work with the electric water pump. I got the motor started tonight for the first time. I had a problem with the drivers side header hitting the lower control arm and not getting a good seal with the heads. Got that problem solved with cut off wheel, a torch and a BFH. I know the engine compartment needs some detailing. Besides the new motor , There is a rebuilt race ready turbo 350 with an Edge racing stall converter installed. I will post some video of engine running tomorrow. I've been hearing a lot of RAT talking going on between these Texas people. This little mouse has its ears perked up and is listening. \

fan.png

fan1.png

fan2.png

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
looks great:nanawrench:i was just looking into the same pulley configuration/system but with a serp belt system.be expecting a pm from me in regaurds to the "intrepid" fans:smileyb:i need to know how you went about hooking them up if you dont mind? keep up the niCE work!!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Looks good, and come on down, Woody's lil' race doesn't have to be all Texas:texas:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I've posted a cell phone video of the start up of my new motor. Please don't comment on the detail work of the engine compartment. Its not finished yet. Yes I need to tighten the alternator belt.

I would love to make the Belton trip next year. It sounds like a good time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts