El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very pleased to announce that Josh Albritton , AKA "kruizer", has been confirmed as the new Secretary/Treasurer for our Association. A member of our Executive Committee, and the current Director of Region 14, Josh is one of our most respected leaders. I look forward to working with Josh as the 60th Anniversary celebration and other projects begin to get airborne and fly. Please join me in welcoming him to his new position....................Ken Rogers, National Director

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,437 Posts
Josh , Thank you for stepping up to the Secretary/Treasurer and the Executive Committee positions which are so vitally important to our association and membership :hail2:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,651 Posts
Very good to see members step in and do can extra job. Thank Josh for your efforts.

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,702 Posts
I don't know if congratulations or condolences is appropriate but, thanks for stepping up, on this and so many other things. You are much appreciated. :hail2:

·
Super Moderator
1,551 Posts
Thank you all for the kind words and acceptance in the position of Secretary/Treasurer. Hopefully, I will inspire others to take on positions within our association, or at least be more active in their participation. I too look forward to working with Ken and the other EC Members as we plan and carry out the 60th Anniversary celebration and others that will follow.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Thank you Josh for accepting the position within our great fellowship of car owners & keeping another 1980 great car on the road. I still hope I can get down to the show in Texas next year. If so looking forward to meeting many more folks that drive a beautiful Caballero or El Camino. God Bless you and your new position.
Michael in South Boston, Va. :cool2::cool2:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome. Can you squeeze blood from a turnip? How about getting more operating funding from the paying members. This is such an awesome site I keep wondering if offering it all for free to so many is real wise. Every time I'm online I see 5-6 members and 40 or so "free" people gleaning all the important info offered. The cost to join is nothing compared to what you gain. Maybe dig into that some more?

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Operating Funds.......

Prior to 2011, the NECOA primarily relied on member donations for operating funds. In 2011, the NECOA Zazzle store was established as a funding source - selling branded items such as T-Shirts, Caps, Coffee Mugs and, of course, the yearly edition of Calendars. The Zazzle income, along with other project funds over the past seven years, has provided for the NECOA to grow and prosper to the point where member donations are no longer solicited for routine operating funds. There have been some discussions about the possibility of member donations helping to bolster the funding of our 60th Anniversary of the El Camino celebration next year. I'll let everyone know if that is going to be needed....................Ken

1 - 16 of 16 Posts