El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70 years old and always wanted an El Camino. An old friend had his brother pass away and told me about his. I bought it from his wife unseen except for pictures and now we are scheduled to fly back down to Florida(we are residents) but summer in Nj where I had my contracting business. I am pretty sure we are canceling the trip and could use some help getting it to NJ as every Chevy mechanic I know to help me is here. I also have a heated garage and all my tools here. Sorry to be long winded, any ? Just ask. I do fish and hunt pigs in Florida and big game hunt in PA and fish in NJ. Tom

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Hi Tom, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. It looks nice. Enjoy it and the community.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. Just purchased an ‘80 el Camino project a few days ago. Where about in Florida are you from? I’m born and raised in jacksonville but have been in Zephyrhills for about 5 years now.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Welcome Tom
Is the Auto Train the best way to transport (Orlando to DC area)?

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Welcome from Boca Raton, but I was born and raised in PA.
Guessing from when I was pricing transports for the 60th, the price for an open truck might be about $500, and that was a door to door pick up and delivery. A closed is a few hundred more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Boca Raton, but I was born and raised in PA.
Guessing from when I was pricing transports for the 60th, the price for an open truck might be about $500, and that was a door to door pick up and delivery. A closed is a few hundred more.
Thank you, Every transport I have been contacted by (wow when they get your number) has been between $750-950 from Florida to NJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts