El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
I've been a member for 10 years now. I remember when I first joined in 2004, the every-day posting from members was definitely more El Camino related than it has been in the last few years. A few years ago I started visiting this site a lot less. The reason for that was because I saw this forum going away from El Camino related discussions. Honestly, it has even reduced the amount of shows I attend with my Elky because I've been out of the loop by not coming on here. I'm not saying there isn't still good info being discussed these days...I'm just saying there is a lot of other stuff filling up pages too. I wouldn't mind seeing this site going back to the way it use to be; so for that reason I see these rule changes as a good thing.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've been a member for 10 years now. I remember when I first joined in 2004, the every-day posting from members was definitely more El Camino related than it has been in the last few years. A few years ago I started visiting this site a lot less. The reason for that was because I saw this forum going away from El Camino related discussions. Honestly, it has even reduced the amount of shows I attend with my Elky because I've been out of the loop by not coming on here. I'm not saying there isn't still good info being discussed these days...I'm just saying there is a lot of other stuff filling up pages too. I wouldn't mind seeing this site going back to the way it use to be; so for that reason I see these rule changes as a good thing.
"Honestly, it has even reduced the amount of shows I attend with my Elky because I've been out of the loop by not coming on here."
Really? Sounds kinda like WAWA to me.:poke:
I do hope you realize there were more El Camino's around and hence more people signing onto the forum 10 years ago.
I agree most of the BS stuff does not interest me, but there are some nuggets for my tastes, I have no problem skimming over those I don't get into. I suppose if you are really time consrained and can't do this it might be a problem. The help sections seem to stay on subject OK to me and that is the bread and butter I feel on here. :smileyb:

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
"Honestly, it has even reduced the amount of shows I attend with my Elky because I've been out of the loop by not coming on here."
Really? Sounds kinda like WAWA to me.:poke:
I do hope you realize there were more El Camino's around and hence more people signing onto the forum 10 years ago.
I agree most of the BS stuff does not interest me, but there are some nuggets for my tastes, I have no problem skimming over those I don't get into. I suppose if you are really time consrained and can't do this it might be a problem. The help sections seem to stay on subject OK to me and that is the bread and butter I feel on here. :smileyb:
I don't recognize your screen name, but you're probably one of the posters I'm referring to.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I felt like this clarification of rules was more like a scolding of the entire membership. If there are a few members acting up deal with them. As I stated previously all forums I frequent have an "open mic" or "off topic" section. FWIW I am not a fan of off color jokes or pictures but can usually tell from the title and move on. That said I don't find it difficult at all to avoid "non-el camino" related stuff. I have received a lot of good advice here, however IMO there isn't really all that much traffic on this forum to worry about a "general posting" section.

As a side note it does seem funny on a forum that wants a family friendly theme to have a section called BS. We all know what it stands for.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I felt like this clarification of rules was more like a scolding of the entire membership. If there are a few members acting up deal with them. As I stated previously all forums I frequent have an "open mic" or "off topic" section. FWIW I am not a fan of off color jokes or pictures but can usually tell from the title and move on. That said I don't find it difficult at all to avoid "non-el camino" related stuff. I have received a lot of good advice here, however IMO there isn't really all that much traffic on this forum to worry about a "general posting" section.

As a side note it does seem funny on a forum that wants a family friendly theme to have a section called BS. We all know what it stands for.
Barbra Streisand?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have been a member here for quite some time as well---2006ish I think.
Thing is----one of the reasons the forum topic drifts off ---or flat out makes a 180* turn--- is the fact that over the last few years many of us have actually MET one another.

Meeting these people in person at events that are from vastly different areas within and across the borders makes for some interesting chatter about just about anything.

I don't think I have met someone yet that I would object to spending a day doing in person what we do online in the "BS" section.

Most all of us has family that gets on our nerves at time----pets that do weird things
(or in my case has been to the hospital 3 times this week)--Deaths in the Family (also had one of those this week) and all kinds of other crap going on (Like my Ranchero finally has new paint).

I think the BS section should be about just that----life, other interests, and some good natured ribbing when it is required.

A little lighthearted BSing should not have to hurt anyone.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Very well said...
I view the B.S. section like an on line version of us all standing around in the garage together...A light hearted way of getting together from all over the far flung places....

Everybody's different if we were the same life would be boring and none of this would exist!!!

To disagree is normal!!!!! A real person will compromise the others just leave!!!!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Very well said...
I view the B.S. section like an on line version of us all standing around in the garage together...A light hearted way of getting together from all over the far flung places....
Awesome, I didn't realize it until you put in print!:bigups:

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Very well said...
Think you just said what everyone has been thinking all along. Nobody wants to lose that.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts