El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK VA,MD-You now have a regional director.First let me introduce myself,my name is Matt Freelove and i live in delaware on the line of MD.I lived in BALT,MD for 30 years.I reasently bought a 82 camino,needs some work.i"ve owned a 69,70 chevelle.66 impalia,and 69 GALIXY.Ihave a stepdaughter in norfolk va that i visit always.So im looking forward to meeting some of you down there to.I still have a few contacts for parts.Anyways let me know if there is anything i can help with,or just shoot the breeze.thanks.MATT FREELOVE-REGION 4] E-MAIL [email protected]. GRUMPY82 ON EL CAMINO CENTRAL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice to meet ya!

Hey,
Names Mac. I live in VA Beach and have an 85 Conquista. I'm interest in anything interior. Mainly trim around the rear window and door panels for all electric. Any help would be great. Let me know if you need anything.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to hear from you

HEY MAC,Good to hear from you.I came across about 15 yards that would probely have the parts your looking for Go to your search and type in junkyards in va ,I logged in and found quite a bit. im looking up here.let me know matt 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cogratulations and good luck

My name is Barry and I'm from the other end of your district. The mountains of Maryland. Yes, there is Maryland beyond Frederick. I have a 79 Conquesta and my brother an 85. Once you get your feet on the ground , how about a meet? Maybe for next spring. I'll do what I can from this end to help. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YA

Hey Barry,Good to hear from you.Iknow about those mountains i have friends in Cumberland.A get together would be great.I'm trying to get a few things together for a first meet.Hopfully we can get some more people to join.And find a neutral ground for everybody since we have va too.if you have any suggestionson on anything post it or e-mail me.THANKS Matt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad to meet ya!

Hi Matt,

My name is Andy. I live in So. MD, near the Prince George's and Charles County Lines. I have a '87 Elky that have had since March '02, and I used to own a '72 until it was totaled by tractor-trailer. Right now I'm awaiting back surgery do to a work related injury. However there are a few things I wanna do to my Elky as soon as I'm able. First it's due for either a complete motor rebuild or replacement. Then I've got a problem with the rear window leaking as well as some rust developing around the stock rear fender tie down bars. When those projects are done it will be time for a fresh paint job, and I thought about converting the rear brakes to discs. Those projects ought to keep me busy while I'm rehabing. If you would like to chat about any of these projects or just talk drop me a line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU

Hey ANDY,Just got your message.I havent been on latley. We had a death in the familY.I grew up in s. md Tall timbers, on rt 5 glad you made it to the form.As soon as i take care of things,i will check back tomorow.again thanks.HOPE TO SE YA SOON MATT 8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Region 4 Meet

HeyMat, I`m only a stone throw away from your area,I`m in region 3[PA] near Harford and Cecil County.I live near the Peach Bottom nuculear plant in York County.I think a meet would be great ,I`ll stay tuned.I read where you are from and I was wondering if you ever attended the Chevelle and El Camino show in the town of NorthEast MD.,put on by the Maryland Chevelle Club and ACES?The show is in June and has all years of El Caminos and Chevelles.They have an open class for 73-87 ELs and Chevelles ,[Original,Pros,Modifieds,Customs ect.]I didn`t make it this year because of all the rain we `ve had.It would be great if there were more ELs entered in this class.You may already know of this,if you do Thanks for bearing with me.I`ll also post it when I have more info. Thanks, 87Last1

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey there

Hey there 87 last 1,As a matter of fact i just moved to north east.I havent had a chance to check to much out yet.But it sounds good.I just went to a car show in Wilmington yesterday and only found 1 elky there.Unfortently mine wasent ready.I did have a chanch to meet with a few promoters thou.Lets keep in touch.matt freelove.I will post pisturs of the show 8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Matt, I read you lived near RT#5 southern MD.I have sold parts at the Charles County Fair Grounds a few years ago,I guess they quit having that event,also at Upper Marlboro too.Check out the calander events on the home page,The Midatlantic Chevelle and El Camino Show,Its a very good two day show and is run by the Maryland Chevelle club ,They do a great job.Talk to you later. 87Last1

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey

Hi my name is Daniel, and i live in Richmond VA. Im glad that we finnaly have a region setup and i cant wait for the frist meet. I have a 67 elky , its in good shape. The guy i boult it from put SS hood on it , he also put bucket seats, SS rims for 69-70 and new finders. Only thing is it was out side for 7 years. O theres also a 350 for a 70-73 camaroin it . I need some help it does not start it did at frist but now it only startes now and then( like once a month) I have replaced the starter and i have gotten a new engine harness but it still does not start. Well talk to you guys later bye

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Terry, I would agree. The fair grounds was used for the 4-h club for years.If we were lucky they had tractor pulls.Its been a good while since i've been there.There are still some good car clubs in that area. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Matt . . . I am a new member . . just joined about an hour ago. This is my first post. I decided to start with the "locals." I live in Alexandria, VA, but I grew up in Annapolis, MD. I also spent a few years at St. Mary's College in Southern MD, so I guess I've covered some of the same real estate as many of the members in your region.

I do not own an Elky yet, but I will .. oh, yes, I will. I am hooked on 3rd gen and I have been searching for about a month and a half. I've seen a few and I've spoken with a few owners. Looking forward to becoming a true member . .

Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey matt, i am mike! i live in NOVA about 20 min from d.c. and about 25min from MD , i currently own a 87 el but it is back home in ohio. i am looking for another el camino to love and cherish. i really want to meet all of you and get to know all of you, so lets have a meet soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Punisher . . . I saw a '77 for sale here in NOVA in the Alexandria/Springfield area. It looked rough, but if you're interested I can drive by again and get the phone number. He had $900 posted on the windhshield, but it's been sitting there for a few weeks now so . . .

Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts