El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
12,175 Posts
I don’t know what seats you have. If you’re looking for covers the best place I found was Stock Interiors. They’ll send you fabric samples so you can pick the colors that will match your interior.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will check them out. I’m the second owner of the car. They are stock bucket seats from the factory. They look like the bench seats with the headrest but they are buckets.

· Registered
2,800 Posts
I’ve learned to never say never, but those don’t look factory to me. The early 5th gens had a high back bucket seat, and about ‘82 or ‘83 it switched to a seperate headrest but is different from yours. You might need a local upholstery shop for those…
Patrick
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Tints and shades

· Registered
530 Posts
What year is the vehicle?
They don't look like factory buckets for an Elky.
Here is a picture of stock buckets in my 84. Look at the shape.
I know that there were two different shapes to the buckets in the Elky's but yours do not look like either of them. Sorry.
Bucket seat foam is available from several vendors. I got mine off of EBAY from a shop named Tamraz.
I bet Dixie restoration or Mikes Montes has them.
Bench seat foam isn't quite as easy to find.

Check with a company called PUI. Parts Unlimited International. They are a supplier to many of the vendors.
They also have several tutorials posted up online with instructions on how to do replace seat covers.

Attachments

· Registered
530 Posts
Here is a picture of new seat foam for a 78-81.
The style changed for 82-87 but it still does not look like the buckets seats that you have. So my guess is that the buckets that you have were taken from another vehicle and then put into your El Camino.

Rectangle Beige Tints and shades Wood Chair

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea both sides are the same. The family I bought it from said it was like that when their grandfather bought it. He has since passed so I guess I have to do some digging or get custom interior because I like the seats. Every car I’ve seen posted on this site has the bucket seats like Vinny D’s seats. But I really appreciate everyone taking they time out to respond.

· Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, original 305/200-4R, QJ
1,754 Posts
What's strange is looking at my seats, and every other 84-87 elky seat picture online, the seat belt slider is attached to the head-rest, not the seat itself.

A taller person would have issues with that belt stuck so low, on the seat, it'd be lower than shoulder height.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’s true. I’m 6ft tall and I never used them when I was driving the car around. But it’s been sitting for years. It got burnt a couple months ago after a pole barn fire. I had it sitting by it and it burnt the whole passenger side. After that I decided it’s time to get the truck back on the road.

· Registered
124 Posts
I bought my interior from stock interiors. My 79 was orderEd View attachment 153113 with 50/50 seats. Fit was good but I added my own foam.
Tom
Looks nice. I am thinking of buying a set for my 84. Maroon cloth. I talked to Stock Interiors. They do not cross reference or use the code that GM uses for interior. They do send samples which is nice. With a 3month delivery time, I better get going on this.!

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Quality was fine. The instructions were good. They sent hog rings and a tool to install them. I have a friend in the business and he said it would be cheaper getting them from stock interiors and faster than having him buy the material and sew things up. He would need the seats. I drove the car until they were sent. I also bought carpet and the smugglers cover from them. The snaps in the cover were right on. I had about $600 in everything 3years ago.
Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts