El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny. I just installed a clean Stock 87 engine wireing harness. All stock connectors are in perfect shape. Everything is fine. I pulled out of my mechanics shop after the 1 week of tedious work installing the harness and drove the elky to check everything out. Fine and Dandy! No "service engine soon" light. As I cruised the freeway. I decided to use the Cruise Control. :) NO Go! Cruise control worked fine with the old harness. My Question is. Is the Cruise control hooked up with the engine harness or could is simply be a fuse?? Please let me know. I Hate to take the Elky back for an hourly charge of It's only a fuse. Thanks

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Double check all the electrial connections on the carb. Are there any loose connectors? Then check all your (hard) vacuum lines and get back to us...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 87SS. I'm going to do exactly that this weekend. Has to be something minor. Dern elky has only 77.000 original miles on it. Yes! I'm the only owner it's had. Only changes to it are the Stock 67/68 15" Corvette Rally's :) Check my profile out to view it. Check back in tomorrow night if time allows. Dern Driven! No set hours. OH yes, I'm done complaining. LOL :D

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Make sure your guy hooked the linkage from the cruise servo back on to the carb linkage. Check vacuum hoses and brake lamp/cruise switch adjustment on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the problem. Easy fix. Just reconnected a Ground wire to the firewall just near the Dist.Cap. Thanks guys!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts