El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a gearhead since 14. I last counted 17 Camaros and over 56 cars to my name. I recently moved to the country in TX and wanted to start a new project. Picked up a used 72 basic Camino for $7k. Needs LOTS of work. I am going to do a bit of custom along with any stock repair. Want to make it Track Day road racer but daily driver. I raced SCCA Trans Am for a while, raced some LMP as well. Now that im the double nickle time for some fun. I've got the basics down, but am looking forward to those specialty questions that only the true El Camino masters know. I want to change to a T-56, ford 9 inch, some wheel flares, tubular suspension with coilovers.. Bit of trickery here and there as well. I have a nice 350 / 550 hp motor with drysump I'd like to finish and install.. I've given myself till thanksgiving to finish. Wish me luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome from West Palm Beach. Enjoy your El Camino, visit this site often there is a wealth of information.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I've researched cars very hard and found the 68 to 72 el Camino to be one of the best platforms for building a strong, fun and comfortable street machine..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts