El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of 77 Classic and my left signal just stopped working. I checked all the wires and conections. What could be the problem? The light on the dash comes on but does'nt blink on and off like the right signal does.

Rhino. :D

·
Banned
881 Posts
Did you check the front and rear turn signal bulbs? If a bulb burns out the flasher will not work. It could also be a bad bulb connection in a socket. Test all of the left side bulbs.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does the right signal flash or stay steady? If the right side stays steady also it might be the flasher unit that went bad. Ive had that happen to me in my dads 1990 buick century. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
signal problem

The right signal does flash and works fine but the left one just lights up and stays on till I take the lever back. I might try the bulb again. Thanks for the quick responses.

Rhino.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you test the bulbs and they are good, you might have a cut or broken wire for the left side directional lights. Like someone else said, you might have a bad ground, bulb out, or even a corroded light socket which could be the culprit. Hope you find the problem.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I'm not that familiar with a 77, but if the side marker lights are part of the signaling system check the bulb and socket there too. Don't assume that just because a bulb filament looks intact that the bulb is still good, either test it with a continuity tester, or connect it to a battery. My bet, it's a bulb, or corrosion in a socket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts