El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
846 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Has anyone tried the New Smyrna one? I think it's a monthly cruise that they close a street downtown on a Saturday. New Smyrna is to the south of Daytona and there is a free museum in South Daytona and another one being built near the track.
Maybe that could be another option for spring.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Has anyone tried the New Smyrna one? I think it's a monthly cruise that they close a street downtown on a Saturday. New Smyrna is to the south of Daytona and there is a free museum in South Daytona and another one being built near the track.
That's put on by the east coast cruisers called canal street cruise in. They also do a monthly at daytona called 1 daytona.

Contact them or Pat Teehan on FB for more info.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
That's put on by the east coast cruisers called canal street cruise in. They also do a monthly at daytona called 1 daytona.

Contact them or Pat Teehan on FB for more info.
I don't do facebook, gotta pass this one to someone else ;)

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Just show up.

Tell Pat I sent you.

Edit: it looks like the website hasn't been updated for a while. Probably not since my brother passed away in 2015. And the Daytona 1 thing is called cruising daytona.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
They say it starts at 4 but get there early.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Easy drive for me to New Smyrna or St Augustine. One hr to the first one another 1/2 hr to 45 minutes to St Augustine. St Augustine would be a nice large meet with overnight stay with all the things to do there. We did a night time schooner boat ride over the holidays and the whole water front lite up with Christmas lights. It was great.
Be better to stay in chain hotels though near I95 as in town hotels old and not as well kept.
Thumbs up either.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,331 Posts
This St. Augustine , New Smyrna area sounds good to me and hopefully it will be at a time I can do it . Would be nice to do something up in that area . Let`s talk some more about it . Jay and I were talking this week and are going to attend the Street Rod Nationals in Tampa , Fl. on Dec.4 and 5 . I have never been to one and hope to take my 59 Camino to it . You have to be a NSRA member which costs $ 35 for a year membership and you get a magazine etc. Edonthebech has attended them . Who else ? To enter your vehicle , I think it has to be a 1972 or older ? If interested check out www.nsra-usa.com .Looking forward to seeing several of you for the Christmas , Florida get together that R/T and Ona have arranged for us :cool:

·
5,331 Posts
Did not think to say of the Street Rod Nationals that you do not need to be a member to attend as a spectator but you would to enter your ride . At the Ft. Christmas Get Together this past Saturday a number of members expressed interest in the conversation on the New Smyrna /St. Augustine meet up idea . Keep thinking/suggesting on a future event .

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Yeah, I've been to Street Rod National quite a few times. I didn't go last year and don't know if they even had it. There are always a lot of pretty cool cars. Lenny, that '59 would be a very welcomed addition. It's right down the road from Hard Rock Cafe if you are looking for a place to stay...though it likely gets pretty full up for this show.

·
5,331 Posts
Ed , Thanks for the info . Jay has again graciously offered me an invite to stay at their newer home in the Bradenton area . Have not talked about it but guessing we would drive back to his house for the night . Plan on going two days to the Nationals . Be cool if a few others attended although there is soo much to see/do that it may be a like the Daytona Turkey Rod Run to get people in one place together . Anyone know or have an idea ? When are you going on that great road trip you have planned . I`m assuming you are taking the wagon .

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
That'll work. You'll be close enough to 75 the drive to Bradenton will be fairly quick; you'll avoid Skyway Bridge. Having a 'meet' would be a bit difficult because of parking and not everyone will be inside the fairground, still it's a good show for everyone to see. Here is something for you - every time I have gone, as soon as the people who flag traffic to parking see the El Camino they guide me to a front row area where other cool cars are parked. Makes me feel VIP!

Yeah, I'm taking the wagon and rolling out in just a couple weeks...pretty excited for it.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,718 Posts
We are up for the Dec event
Ed , Thanks for the info . Jay has again graciously offered me an invite to stay at their newer home in the Bradenton area . Have not talked about it but guessing we would drive back to his house for the night . Plan on going two days to the Nationals . Be cool if a few others attended although there is soo much to see/do that it may be a like the Daytona Turkey Rod Run to get people in one place together . Anyone know or have an idea ? When are you going on that great road trip you have planned . I`m assuming you are taking the wagon .

·
5,331 Posts
To clarify on the Street Rod Nationals in December in Tampa . If you want to enter your vehicle , it has to be at least 30 years old . As the last El Camino was produced in 1987 , we are all eligible :cool: The St. Augustine idea sounds good as there are several of our members in that drive-able area and we , with the exception of Matt ( Kymino 60 ) , and Steve ( 87next2last1 ) , we have not done anything in that part of Florida . As Fl Kymino said a fall or even a winter date sounds good to me . What`s your thought or idea ?

·
1,718 Posts
thinking about having a get-together here ?
What's y'all thoughts ?
Steve, that sounds like a great idea. We will be up for this.
If you have never been there, there is lot to see in St Augustine. We have always enjoyed it.
The old fort is neat. I especially like the powder storage area. It is deep in the depth of the fort.

·
Deputy National Director
9,846 Posts
Steve, that sounds like a great idea. We will be up for this.
If you have never been there, there is lot to see in St Augustine. We have always enjoyed it.
The old fort is neat. I especially like the powder storage area. It is deep in the depth of the fort.
I lived there for 15 years
My daughter & Mom live there
That's about far as I can drive right know because of my health, (Stay with my Mom)
Right know I don't want to be to far from my Dr's because it's hard to explain what is wrong with me when I can't breathe, the local fire department been to my place over 20 times & they remember me & know what's my problems

I did have a Get-Together in St Aug many years
Will look into another one

·
1,718 Posts
The museum has cars from many era's and manufacturer's.
For $12 there is a lot of automotive there

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

If you have never been to St Augustine, there is a lot to see while you are there.
Including something we all want to find..

If you want to see what else there is to see click on the link below.
(1) things to do in st augustine fl - Bing

·
1,718 Posts
To clarify on the Street Rod Nationals in December in Tampa . If you want to enter your vehicle , it has to be at least 30 years old . As the last El Camino was produced in 1987 , we are all eligible :cool: The St. Augustine idea sounds good as there are several of our members in that drive-able area and we , with the exception of Matt ( Kymino 60 ) , and Steve ( 87next2last1 ) , we have not done anything in that part of Florida . As Fl Kymino said a fall or even a winter date sounds good to me . What`s your thought or idea ?
Count us in.
My sister coordinates the swap meet area at that event.
Her and her husband are members of the "Tampa Knights" An antique car club. He shows their 66 Satellite convertible.
It is quite a large event If you folks choose to show, I will also but, I would prefer to spend the time looking at the other vehicles.
Most vehicles are much older than ours.

Here is an overview of a previous event.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I lived there for 15 years
My daughter & Mom live there
That's about far as I can drive right know because of my health, (Stay with my Mom)
Right know I don't want to be to far from the my Dr's because it's hard to explain what is wrong with me when I can't breathe, the local fire department been to my place over 20 times & they remember me & know what's my problems

I did have a Get-Together in St Aug many years
Will look into another one
Steve,
Sorry to hear of your poor health. It'd be great to have you at an event that you weren't forced to organize yourself but obviously your health comes first.

·
5,331 Posts
That'll work. You'll be close enough to 75 the drive to Bradenton will be fairly quick; you'll avoid Skyway Bridge. Having a 'meet' would be a bit difficult because of parking and not everyone will be inside the fairground, still it's a good show for everyone to see. Here is something for you - every time I have gone, as soon as the people who flag traffic to parking see the El Camino they guide me to a front row area where other cool cars are parked. Makes me feel VIP!

Yeah, I'm taking the wagon and rolling out in just a couple weeks...pretty excited for it.
Ed , A friend of mine in Gainesville that does road racing was at a recent race that was held on the Dragons Tail ? They block it off for a sanctioned event . They had a couple of crashes this year . You are going through there , correct ?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts