El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided on a 55 Chevy Nomad. Found out after sourcing out all the parts for the build that there is no plastic glass insert! Decided to go forward and make my own
. Got all parts cleaned up of die slag and picked out colors. Going with a butter yellow and buckskin interior. It's going to be a street gasser driver with a blown small block Chevy!

DSCN1998.JPG

DSCN1997.JPG

DSCN1994.JPG

DSCN1990.JPG

DSCN1989.JPG

DSCN1988.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Saw this "modified" Nomad at the Goodguys Show in Fort Worth last year. So, if you're feeling ambitious.... :smile3:

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
I looked at the photo before I read what you wrote. When I saw the motor I thought... self, I sure hope he makes a 55 gasser. Then I read... nice!!!

I can't wait to see this one! On Jay Leno show last evening they had an Italian guy and his 57 Gasser... that thing rocked...

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!

The AMT kit comes with that option! But not the tail lights ; ) I decided to go with the original body!

Saw this "modified" Nomad at the Goodguys Show in Fort Worth last year. So, if you're feeling ambitious.... :smile3:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I just hope I get a break in the weather! 36 deg.'s this A.M. :shocked2:
DSCN2000.JPG

I looked at the photo before I read what you wrote. When I saw the motor I thought... self, I sure hope he makes a 55 gasser. Then I read... nice!!!

I can't wait to see this one! On Jay Leno show last evening they had an Italian guy and his 57 Gasser... that thing rocked...

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
While I applaud the creativity ....

While I applaud the creativity and resourcefulness of these model builders, the site rules require an El Camino-based theme to be included in our "Site Topics" Forum. The sole Forum where other vehicles' discussions are appropriate is the......wait for it......... "Other Vehicles Discussion" Forum, and this Thread is being moved there immediately. This is NOT an open door for a flood of "Other Vehicle" models to take over the El Camino Forum. I just need some time to consider a new sub-forum that will incorporate all of the model building activities of our members................Ken

·
Registered
218 Posts
While I applaud the creativity and resourcefulness of these model builders, the site rules require an El Camino-based theme to be included in our "Site Topics" Forum. The sole Forum where other vehicles' discussions are appropriate is the......wait for it......... "Other Vehicles Discussion" Forum, and this Thread is being moved there immediately. This is NOT an open door for a flood of "Other Vehicle" models to take over the El Camino Forum. I just need some time to consider a new sub-forum that will incorporate all of the model building activities of our members................Ken
Maybe you should lighten up? Phrasing sure could have helped this post - "Great work! Sure looks like fun! Going to move it over to the proper forum so it's easier for everyone to enjoy!"

You're kind of a buzzkill.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Do

Maybe you should lighten up? Phrasing sure could have helped this post - "Great work! Sure looks like fun! Going to move it over to the proper forum so it's easier for everyone to enjoy!"

DO NOT KILL MY BUZZ, IT's FRIDAY AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MY BUZZ.... oh you weren't talking to me : )

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not a problem!

Glad to see Ken trying to get a place for El Camino people who also like building models as a hobby! Appreciate the attention! Thanks! Old Goat :bigups:

Recent 40 Coupe and my Mini Mino! :inlove:

DSCN1985.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
agree

I tend to agree. Tad harsh! ... Sort of reminds me of a GM only car show or a Ford only. I don't do them...

a thread for models is justified as so many of these El Camino members are masters at building models and I enjoy seeing them.
Welp, almost beer time. Maybe all of us Ken's need one today. I'd probably bite back too after sorting through all those calendar emails! yikes

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Only Members.................?

I've been holding off posting any more of my builds until this "own thread" thing is sorted out. Take your time Ken, we're only members.
:?:

The folks who expect their votes to be counted accurately and completely are also "...only members." The 250 folks who took the time to fully participate by photographing and entering their cars want and expect their El Caminos to be published this year are also "...only members." The countless members who expect that the 22 separate issues of the CY-2019 NECOA Calendars will be published in a timely manner are also "...only members." The folks who send pleading letters for Forum assistance each and every day are also "...only members." The folks who want and expect that a 60th Anniversary of the El Camino celebration will have a venue to celebrate at, and will have activities there that will be educational and entertaining are also "...only members." Sorry, my good friends (those that I have left), but I have only so many hours in a day. I do my best to allocate those hours in the order of importance to what members are affected most by my work. And, while El Camino models are interesting, they just have not bubbled all the way to the top - yet. I will get there, but insults will really not expedite the process. Won't really hurt - but won't really help. (and I just spent 5 to 10 minutes here that I should have used more wisely!).................Ken

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Please...........

Please accept my humblest apologies if I misunderstood your intentions, Mark. I'm a bit busy, and apparently quite touchy, at the moment. In any event - I'll get to the "Models" Forum just as soon as I get caught up a bit...................Ken

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got lucky with the weather!

Sun was warm and close to 50 deg.s! Was able to prime and assemble the frame! After thought blower assembly required some adjustment but got it to fit! Misc. parts and others yet to be put on! Getting close to doing some detail! Sanding and body color next...Butter yellow! :bigups:

DSCN2018.JPG

DSCN2019.JPG

DSCN2020.JPG

DSCN2021.JPG

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cutting hood for blower scoop!

Still a bit more to go! :bigups: Think I'm changing the scoop color to body color...butter yellow! :wink1:

DSCN2022.JPG

DSCN2024.JPG

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Looking good Rick!

I think I'd do the scoop body color as well.

I built this dusty old girl years and years ago....display shelves are full and no room for this old build. Did you figure out your glass yet?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not yet!

Good job! :thumbup: Thanks! I've made a mold and got some tips how to form. Looking in to different types of thin plastic to use! I saved the clear container from the doughnut holes this morning! lol You want to sell yours? :wink1:

Looking good Rick!

I think I'd do the scoop body color as well.

I built this dusty old girl years and years ago....display shelves are full and no room for this old build. Did you figure out your glass yet?

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/895x503q90/922/Hyf6gO.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts