El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you NECOA members in New Jersey, we now have a regular Cruise Night!

On the last Friday of each month from April through September, NECOA has been invited to attend the Fossil’s Car Club of South Jersey monthly Cruise Night, held in the parking lot of iPlay America in Freehold, 110 Schanck Road, Freehold, NJ 07728 The next meet is on Friday, July 27th. Official start time is 6:00 p.m. and runs until 10:00 p.m.

Get there early because the parking lot will fill up fast and a parking spot is not guaranteed. This Fossils Cruise Night is said to be the biggest in the United States. You never know who just might show up at one of the Fossils Cruise Nights. In the past, they have been graced with the presence of Cindy Williams & Paul Lamatt (John Milner) from American Grafitti, Harrison Ford and Lou Ferrigno. Also had some old time drag race celebrities and their cars as guests at the cruise, as well as Car Craft Magazine. The cruise is a family oriented event and is DJ'd by the one and only "Wolfman Jerry."

Cruise Night dates remaining for 2012: July 27th, August 31st, & September 28th Please let me know if you plan to attend the next Cruise Night. You can email me at: [email protected]
Bruce Sarte – NECOA Region 3 Deputy Director (NJ) NECOA nickname: BAS-Sr

Directions: GARDEN STATE PARKWAY (Southbound) - Take the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 Sayreville/Old Bridge/Route 9 South -Continue on Route 9 South approximately 17 miles-Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
GARDEN STATE PARKWAY (Northbound) - Take the Garden State Parkway North to Exit 98 Belmar/Trenton/133 East/Route 34/195 West-Follow signs to Route 34 North and follow to Route 33 West-Follow signs to Route 9 South-Take Route 9 South/Lakewood Exit -At the first light, make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE - Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 11 Garden State Parkway/Woodbridge/The Amboys/Shore Points/Route 9-Follow signs and merge onto Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 Sayreville/Old Bridge/Route 9 South -Continue on Route 9 South approximately 17 miles-Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
HOLLAND & LINCOLN TUNNELS -Take I-95/ New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 11 Garden State Parkway/Woodbridge/The Amboys/Shore Points/Route 9 -Follow signs and merge onto Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 Sayreville/Old Bridge/Route 9 South-Continue on Route 9 South approximately 17 miles-Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
BROOKLYN – LONG ISLAND – STATEN ISLAND - Take the Belt Parkway West to Verrazano Bridge onto Rt. 278 to Rt. 440 – Outerbridge Crossing into New Jersey -Follow signs onto Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 Sayreville/Old Bridge/Route 9 South-Continue on Route 9 South approximately 17 miles -Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE (Northbound) - Take the New Jersey Turnpike North to Exit 8 Route 33/Hightstown/Freehold/East Windsor-Proceed onto Highway 33 East to Route 9 South -Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.
NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE (Southbound) - Take I-95/ New Jersey Turnpike South to Exit 11 Garden State Parkway/Woodbridge/The Amboys/Shore Points/Route 9-Follow signs and merge onto Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123 Sayreville/Old Bridge/Route 9 South -Continue on Route 9 South approximately 17 miles-Make a right onto Schanck Road and iPlay America and Encore Event Center will be on your right.

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gentle Reminder and bump this thread up.

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turn out was light overall, had a few EC's show up.

I got there around 4:30 after work with my white '87 Choo Choo.

Here are few pictures:

Attachments

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Few more pictures:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Off to a great start down there in New Jersey, Bruce. Next month will be bigger...and easier! Good luck.

We had a fellow from Freehold NJ here today at Skip's with one of our local members. Small world, huh?

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Off to a great start down there in New Jersey, Bruce. Next month will be bigger...and easier! Good luck.

We had a fellow from Freehold NJ here today at Skip's with one of our local members. Small world, huh?
Too small!

Who was it there with you guys? Do we know him?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry I missed you at the show - I made it there right around 7PM. Yes, it was a light turn out but there were some nice rides there. Met one nice guy with a Turbo V-6 Elky that was pretty clean as well as TheElCaminoKid.

I will try to come earlier next time . . .

:beer:

·
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

Sorry I missed you at the show - I made it there right around 7PM. Yes, it was a light turn out but there were some nice rides there. Met one nice guy with a Turbo V-6 Elky that was pretty clean as well as TheElCaminoKid.

I will try to come earlier next time . . .

:beer:
Sorry I missed you. Left just about that time.

Yes, that GN powered EC is very nice.

Next meet is on August 31st and looks like I might have a 4 gen by then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts