El Camino Central Forum banner

Would you like to have the Get-Together in July ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was thinking about rescheduling the Get-Together in July if the Virus stuff is Gone & we can be back to somewhat normal life ?
The racetrack only has 1 more event this year that the gates open at 9 AM and that is July 11th
I know it will be hot but had people still ask me to have it
I haven't checked into the Hotel if something else around Gainesville is going on ?
I think the track will be fine with us being there ? and I don't see a problem at the Winghouse ?
So let me know your thoughts about having it !

·
Registered
344 Posts
I pray this stuff is done by July. I'd be interested if it is safe to do so by then.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
Was thinking about rescheduling the Get-Together in July if the Virus stuff is Gone & we can be back to somewhat normal life ?
The racetrack only has 1 more event this year that the gates open at 9 AM and that is July 11th
I know it will be hot but had people still ask me to have it
I haven't checked into the Hotel if something else around Gainesville is going on ?
I think the track will be fine with us being there ? and I don't see a problem at the Winghouse ?
So let me know your thoughts about having it !
If it is safe to congregate by July 11 , I would be interested in attending . Thanks for trying to provide this opportunity .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys and gals, its been awhile since I have been on the sight. I haven't gotten another Elco yet, but would love to come down and see what's new in rides and see some of the gang again.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
Hey guys and gals, its been awhile since I have been on the sight. I haven't gotten another Elco yet, but would love to come down and see what's new in rides and see some of the gang again.
Rey , Great to hear from you and happy to see that you are still with us . I`m sure you miss that gorgeous 71 you brought down to Florida for our previous Gainesville Get Togethers . Rey has attended a couple of our Region 6 , Fl. events and is one of those people that is not afraid to turn that ignition key . The drive from the Atlanta , Georga area to gainesville is more that 330 miles . Gotta love it . If you do get another Camino , what year are you thinking about ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think an outside event is out for me because of the heat in July/Aug and also there are some family health issues that may interfere. sorry
Bill
Orlando

·
Registered
338 Posts
My Elky is ready to go. I’m always outside so the heat is OK. But, I need shade...due to years of UV exposure and a bout w/a pre-cancerous sun related skin condition. Lots of nice native pines at the track I see!

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Elky is ready to go. I’m always outside so the heat is OK. But, I need shade...due to years of UV exposure and a bout w/a pre-cancerous sun related skin condition. Lots of nice native pines at the track I see!
Yep we're in the VIP area at the end of the track with a lot of trees, The track will start test & tuning next week
So keeping a eye out on this virus crap to see if it will be clear to hang out in July ?

·
Elkybuick
2,805 Posts
I think it is way too soon to do something like that, I not even going to see family this summer. Steve you need to stay away as sick as you were last year the way I see it you do not to be that sick again or even worse.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it is way too soon to do something like that, I not even going to see family this summer. Steve you need to stay away as sick as you were last year the way I see it you do not to be that sick again or even worse.
Hey Buddy,
Hope this stuff is gone by July ?
Here in Alachua county we have around 300 cases of the virus since march (since the closed the UF)
Just keeping a eye out to see if it gets better or worse
Yes I'm still sick & always will be & If I get it the virus it will not be good on me
So we will see how it's going in mid June ??

·
Elkybuick
2,805 Posts
Hey Buddy,
Hope this stuff is gone by July ?
Here in Alachua county we have around 300 cases of the virus since march (since the closed the UF)
Just keeping a eye out to see if it gets better or worse
Yes I'm still sick & always will be & If I get it the virus it will not be good on me
So we will see how it's going in mid June ??
This will not be gone until we find a cure, maybe by the end of the year I also would like to see us up all together. I have had too many Blood clots to take a chance.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, FL is slowly opening up. Beaches in Dade and Broward open next week.
Restaurants here opened last Monday. I went to a few for take out and they were at about 15% occupancy. Folks are still concerned even with all the safeguards restaurants installed. Just cause its open doesn't mean people go.

I'll be ready for a road trip soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Definitely not the best time of year but we’ll survive the heat. I’m sure at the track being out in the woods, it should be cooler than in a downtown. Still hot though! And skeeters?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Definitely not the best time of year but we’ll survive the heat. I’m sure at the track being out in the woods, it should be cooler than in a downtown. Still hot though! And skeeters?
we are in the shade
We can only have the Get-Together when the track opens the gate early, They do that most of the time early in the year
That's why we usually have it in March because after that the track opens after 2:00 PM & they race into the night
Kind of hard to have the event that late
They July date is the only date that they open early for the rest of the year
So a lot of the people still want to have the event if the virus is under control ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts