El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just bought my first Elky. It has a new 383 stroker with at 2500 stall converter and TH350 automatic. There was no kick down cable installed on the build. Would like to understand why someone would do that. The connector is there on the passenger side and they filled it with RTV To contain any potential leakage. Also planning on buying and installing it so that I can drive it the way it’s designed. There are so many options out there like Lokar and other eBay cheaper versions. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Guessing someone just got lazy. The cable is important so I’d get one on there sooner than later. When I got my car with the TH350 I discovered that the cable was stretched to its limit. I bought a replacement cable that adjusts for length. It was a simple install and turned out I had to lengthen it much more than the cable that was originally on there for a relaxed routing. I can’t remember the brand, but I bought it through Summit. I think it was about $15.00. It’s such a simple component that I’m not thinking it’s worth shopping for a particular brand.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you already don't have one, You're also going to need the TV kickdown cable bracket that bolts to the intake on the driver side on the last two bolts on the back of your intake manifold.
You can find a GM bracket on eBay already restored for $18.50

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much research on the kick down cable type and brand I decided to go for the Lokar. Just seemed to me even though there are much less expensive options on EBay and others the AMERICAN made product would be the better choice. I didn’t want to risk quality for a couple bucks

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
After much research on the kick down cable type and brand I decided to go for the Lokar. Just seemed to me even though there are much less expensive options on EBay and others the AMERICAN made product would be the better choice. I didn’t want to risk quality for a couple bucks
Always a safe bet. I blew too many $$$ on Lokar dipsticks and a throttle cable during my ‘68 SS’ resurrection. But they sure are pretty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts