El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some one can help. :? I cant seem to get my dash lights to work. The heater panel lights up but not the dash. I have checked the fuse. Pulled the dash. Checked the headlight switch. The only other thing I can think of would be the electrical strip that powers everything behind the dash , but all th e gauges work. Any have any input on this mystery electrivcal problem? :(

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Since your heater control panel illumination works, you can rule out a headlamp switch being the problem. The heater control panel, ashtray, radio, and dash illumination lamps all share the same circuit. If the others work, but not the dash lamps, you can be assured the problem is either a bad connection, (power and/or ground) at the copper strips on the printed circuit on the backside of intstrument cluster. Have you checked all the bulbs? Gauges and illumination lamps do not share the same circuit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make sure all of your bulbs are grounded well, and that the connectors haven't seperated from the wiring. I've still got 3 bulb connectors that I'm not sure where they belong. Also is your adjustment rheostat(Light switch) turned down?

·
Banned
881 Posts
acauth1 said:
The heater control panel, ashtray, radio, and dash illumination lamps all share the same circuit. If the others work, but not the dash lamps, you can be assured the problem is either a bad connection, (power and/or ground) at the copper strips on the printed circuit on the backside of intstrument cluster.
Do the dash turn signal lamps, and the high beam indicator lamp work? If they do, then the ground for the dash illumination is OK because they share the same ground. I would suggest looking at the grey wire on pin 5 of the printed circuit on the backside of intstrument cluster. That's where the 12V comes into the cluster for the dash illumination.

:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts