El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, does west central fla., st pete ,count? we are practically neighbors. lol
after what seems like an eternity, 8 months, a guy who turned me down 2 months ago sold me his 84 quista . nice piece, needs a bit of work. first thoughts is the holley/ edelbrock combo. has the factory 305 with all the pain emission stuffs, which i know everyone removes. im a tennis pro not greatly mechanical, trying to learn on the fly. what a vehicle. if you see any for sale in your neck of the woods let me know. got elky fever, bigtime.
happy holidays

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote='84El5]Anyone in the Pensacola/Milton/Fort Walton/Panama City area? Or any Northwest Florida area? lol[/quote]

Whats going on Located in Navarre, FL. thoght I would drop you line. Just starting my elk have a lote of planes, just got my 350 back from the shop, had it bored over .30 and gonna start working on it this weekend, drop me line I might have some questions for you about the elk. talk to you later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I'm in Pensacola. From the look at the posts we my need to have a lunch meeting some were in the area. Meet each other and kick El Camino tires. Thasnks 32506

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah we need to either get our director to plan us all an event - a get together - or we may need to see if the forum can get us a new director if O'Rourke is too busy. I mean that happens and maybe its not his fault he seems to never be here, but I have time and if they want me to do it, I will try to be Region 6 director and plan a few activities for us.

Other regions are doing this regularly and we are falling behind, and I KNOW we have many many Elky's here in Florida, and we could recruit a lot of new members here as well...

any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
get to gether

I was talking just a local thing not a show or anything like that. Maybe a lunch thing here in the West Florida / Pensacola / Milton area. Anyone uip for that? I'd be interested in a North Florida show though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm sitting down here in Daytona. I would be interested in doing something like that, but probably won't, gas prices are killing me right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tampa area

Hi.....just joined this forum. My 1970 has been off the road for awhile, but getting the DMV paperwork to get it legal again. Friends were amazed when it started up with just a new battery after a few years of sitting around (all their warnings about needing starter fluid, bah....she always starts when asked). I'm in the Clearwater area....maybe there will be enough members for a club someday?

Anyone know of any clubs in this area? I'll be looking for fellow EC admirers to for honest advice...I don't trust most mechanics since I'm just a "dumb girl". If I start getting it back into top shape, I want someone under the hood who loves it as much as I do.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello Cher and Welcome to El Camino Central and the Region 6 Forum!

Glad to have you join us. This particular region has been kind of quiet here and I and a few others are trying to get it 'cranked' up, since there are a lot of Elky lovers here in Florida!

As for your request about clubs in your area, you might find this list handy, as its fairly good. I am sure there are some newer clubs throughout Florida that arent on here, and maybe even a couple that have merged, but this should get you started...

Florida Car Clubs

Keep an eye out here for us to plan a few get togethers etc. As summer is upon us, it might take a few meetings since Florida is so geographically spread out. I would like to maybe see if everyone in the panhandle could meet in like Tallahassee or Marianna for instance (and anyone else wanting to make the drive could as well), then maybe those of us on the peninsula could maybe meet in like Orlando or something...

Anyways, welcome again, post often and post pics of your 70 when you can.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Photo

I haven't taken any recent photos, but I have a silly little EC story w/photo webpage linked if you hit the WWW button below. The car's a little worse for wear by now.

It'll probably be awhile before I travel any distance....things to fix and all that before I'd trust a road trip. Not to mention that I ripped out all the moldy wet carpeting and it really looks like hell inside. Finally got one of those infamous rear window leaks last year.

·
Registered
601 Posts
hey cher,
i have a cousin who lives down in clearwater, says tehres a Wendy's by his house that hosts cruise nights every friday and saturday night. i have no idea where exactly the place is, but thats what he tells me. my rents just got a house down there too on oner of teh canals so we'll eb spendin some of the summer there, hopefully with the elky. maybe we can meet up sometime or find this cruise night, i've never been to it. anyone else in the area could maybe join in on the fun too, it'd be nice to be representin together

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to get back on the road. My room-mate said I have to stop watching all these Hot Rod tv shows until I have mine back on the road....it's too tormenting to watch everyone else having fun. I'm going to have to get a new car lease soon, and I just can't stand any of the new cars........I don't understand how we evolved into such boring vehicles. Supposedly, the gas economy lead to the end of cool cars.....but now it's just find to drive a big ol' SUV with the same crappy mileage. I say I'd rather put 30K into my 1970 than plop it down for a car with absolutely no character.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lets do a lunch thing in Navarre one Sunday afternoon. That seems to be a centrel point . What do you El Ccamino drivers say?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts