El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say it was actually feasible for GM to reproduce the beloved El Camino.. obviously it'd be built as poor as the rest of the modern 'muscle' cars. In General Motors' current state it's not reasonable to bring the elky back, but if they did would you buy one? And what would they recreate, what generation would they base it off of most? Or would they just do a total re-haul and recreate the Camino from the ground up?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
u saw one of the holden utes in a car show ,looked like a 3 rd gen tpi camaro chassis,tpi 350 ,700r4,disc brake camaro rear w/the torque arm. i was hopeing they were going to import them,but they never did.it was done too right

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly the Holden ute reminds me much more of the Dodge Rampage than the Elky kind of like the El Camino is to the Ranchero and the ute is to the Rampage.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
As nice an idea this is we all know a modern version of the El Camino would most likely be a disappolntment in many ways.I prefer to hold onto the past.Anything made today is a coglomeration of imported plastic junk.I don t want a cruck that uses computers. I like having a throttle rod,one vacuumhose and a simple distributor. Call mea dinosaur!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Can a mod please move this thread to the proper forum? thanks!

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Pontiac actually was going to offer the vehicle a few years ago until Pontiac went under.
I think it was gonna be called the G8ST

·
Registered
104 Posts
As nice an idea this is we all know a modern version of the El Camino would most likely be a disappolntment in many ways.I prefer to hold onto the past.Anything made today is a coglomeration of imported plastic junk.I don t want a cruck that uses computers. I like having a throttle rod,one vacuumhose and a simple distributor. Call mea dinosaur!

I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I saw several of these in Cozumel last year:

Some of the Utes don't look too bad in Chevy badging:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts