El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This just in

I was reading my August issue of Car & Driver when I came across this little tidbit (Page 59 - New Lows in Downsizing).

Ford is evaluating using a 1.5 liter turbo three-cylinder engine in the new for 2015 Ford F150. Because this is just breaking news no horsepower, torque or towing figures were listed, but this move is in response to the Obama administration's raising of the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standard.

I know this is a GM heavy site, but you can bet if Ford is investigating something like this, GM and Ram (Dodge) are as well.

So thank you President Barak Obama and you twits in the house and senate.

Copper

·
Registered
758 Posts
Pfft. Not really impressed the ability to achieve that has been available for a while.

Don't care to much by then I'll be able to get my El Camino time machine up to 88.:nanawoot:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Generally I'm not a subscriber to grand conspiracy theories or talk of secret plans, but the idea that our president at best has a different world view than traditional americans does have legs. If he wants the US to be more like his european model of utopia with high taxes, socialized medicine, and cradle to grave nanny state government dependence (oh, and no guns), what better way than to force us to stop driving by pricing fuel too high for those with sub-50 mpg cars, pricing cars too high for all but the proletariat (many of whom will be government workers),and forcing us onto public transport and into planned communities that are served by that public transport. Once they force us to ride their trains to their schools and their jobs (government picking the winners) then they can indoctrinate all who are subject to the incessant voice on the speakers as we ride. Damn, I spiraled a little, but so did George Orwell and Ayn Rand. Food for (free) thought. Patrick
Perfectly said!

And i absolutely DETEST that this::usa: is viewed by alot of the younger-impressionable folk in our society as a racist sentiment. National Pride is NOT a negative thing. Lack of it is destroying this Nation from within.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And here I thought conservatives liked better gas mileage..http://www.elcaminocentral.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Congress doesn't do anything these days, so no major items will be passed anyway...

What I would like is the government to stop meddling and let the market work it out. How in the world would I have pulled my EL Camino home if the only truck I had was one with a 1.5 three cylinder engine in it? Maybe I would be surprised by the tow rating of a truck like that ... but maybe not either.

And yes, congress is nearly useless, but these rules are already in effect and, since they are regulations by the EPA, they didn't require congressional approval anyway.

Copper

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,707 Posts
Conspiracy - Not Just Theory Any More

"All most everything said and done these days is a stunt or a device of manipulation aimed towards the less informed individuals who are involved... And it's not just a common practice in politics anymore."

"I don't take all this too seriously. It is 99% political rhetoric designed to impress ignorant people for their vote."

"Congress doesn't do anything these days, so no major items will be passed anyway..."

WRONG!! Non-elected government agencies passed over 3000 "regulations" last year - which have the same effect for non-compliance as if it were a law passed by congress. Can you spell IRS, EPA, OSHA etc. etc.?

The vast majority of these, we don't even know about until one bites us in the a**.

"If government would quit meddling and let the market forces determine the winners and losers, we would all be a lot better off."

"the proletariat (many of whom will be government workers),and forcing us onto public transport and into planned communities that are served by that public transport. Once they force us to ride their trains to their schools and their jobs (government picking the winners) then they can indoctrinate all who are subject to the incessant voice on the speakers as we ride."

"Also...environmental nut jobs and their false religion are to blame too."

Many (most) of the government agencies are made up of nut jobs - who hire other nut jobs until the agency is infested with them. Since they're career government employees, they pass on from administration to administration. Add this to the indoctrination that has been going on for years in our schools - we are in deep s**t if we don't get off our a** and start paying attention to what is happening to our country.:banghead:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bottom Line::::
After all is said and done get out and VOTE ::::: get the rif-raf out of office from the pres on down !!
worst of all Hillery is talking about her being pres !!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
"

Many (most) of the government agencies are made up of nut jobs - who hire other nut jobs until the agency is infested with them. Since they're career government employees, they pass on from administration to administration. Add this to the indoctrination that has been going on for years in our schools - we are in deep s**t if we don't get off our a** and start paying attention to what is happening to our country.:banghead:
I take exception to that but I won't burn you a new one for either ignorance or general vague claims.

I'm a state employee...here in Texas...where you live. Think on that for a second.

While _some_ agencies may have to hire nut jobs, just to get a warm body in the seat to do the job half-assed, those of us who are professionals do so under adverse conditions. Conditions such as: 20% less pay than in the private sector(in my field at least, I.T.), no automatic COLA, half-assed pension/retirement/health benefits, no guaranteed or even able-to-be-promised pay raises, dealing with ignorant requests from upper management (who were APPOINTED by the current political bureaucracy) who don't understand why we get p*ssed off when they go behind our backs to hire some "consulting agency" for $100k just to give them the same answer in 4 months we could have given them after 10 minutes of thought and for our normal state pay (about $20/hr), or even having to deal with inadequate budgets to fund our minimal needs. "Extra training? You can get that on your own!"

Meanwhile, the complete conservative ***-tards who SOMEONE keeps voting into office just gave themselves a retirement pay raise. Thanks go to all conservative voters for that.

So, in reality, what you mean is that the ELECTED AND APPOINTED officials are the ones who keep screwing us over, not the rank and file. But thanks for tarring and feathering the rest of us who do a thankless job that someone else either doesn't want to do or can't do. Have a great day!

·
Registered
171 Posts
the house and senate are full of go along to get alongs. whether or not this happens due to people having somthing juicy hanging over their heads, i believe our House, Senate , Presidency, and Courts are bought and paid for, and not bought by those who really need it to work for them in a free society. no its controlled by the same people who have hand they're hands in everything since the 1500's. our country rather quickly from it inception fell to the very forces we tried so hard to stay away from.
the writing is on the wall and we can't just sit here a vote it and talk it away. something drastic has to happen , and it has to be a mass movement or they will play it off as a couple of "kooks" , just my 1.50$ inflation is a bitch

41 - 51 of 51 Posts