El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out ebay today for flowmaster 40's and found a pair with the same dimensions, inside baffles and sound.

What do y'all think?

I know it aint the real thing but if its the same materials, same pattern of baffles then why would it matter?

on summitracing.com they are $119.98 for a pair.

check ebay out...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-2-25-IN-2-1-4-OUT-OFFSET-HIGH-FLOW-2-CHAMBER-MUSTANG-MUFFLERS-40-SERIES-/261091914779?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca4a741b&vxp=mtr

i wouldnt normally consider off brand but if they are essentially the same muffler but half price then does it matter???

thanks

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
There are knockoffs out there. My 40's are nearly twelve years old..no rust still look great.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr.Nastytimes:

Cheap! I like it but i would have to be certain it has floemaster 40 or 44 sound?

Got a video??

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those sound terrible:???:. Sorry but the only good one i heard was a C-10 305 with single exhaust and it didnt sound that great either.

sorry they arent for me:dontknow:

Thanks though:You_Rock:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they arent off brand its a company by the name of

Jonesfullboar.com mufflers

All they got are videos of mustangs and cant judge. They do not sound exactally like flowmasters on mustangs. They dont sound very good above a certain rpm and they are quieter. The 1 chamber sounds like super 40's loudness.

Found flowmasters NEW on ebay for like $54 bucks FREE shipping! 30 day return policy.

May just do that for 30 bucks more to get name brand

·
0 Posts
Check craigslist bro. Many times you'll find guys who don't like their Flowmasters. You can find them almost new too. If you find a set,they'll usuall run you 60-70 a pair with less than a year on em.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steelbeast.

Ebay is running $119.84 including shipping
Summit is $119.90 NOT including shipping

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I hve worked for large aftermarket manufactures in my past...They House Brand for many other labels...at one time Echlin owned Borg Warner, Accell, Nehoff, and just about everything but Standard ignition! They made Delco coils etc. under OE contracts...

Summit is building a nice House Brand, they do not manafacture anything...I guarantee one of the Largest Suppliers to them is building those Summit Turbo's:secret:

I know Two name bands that are doing just that for them right now, but I am bound by Non-Disclosure Agreements...As I do business consulting...

In most cases it would cost more to manufacture if you make a special design and "Run" of a lower quality product, so they just do a Re-Box to keep the economy of scale...

A company called Perfection made clutches, they also made ZOOM Clutches...Back in my racing days 30 years ago we would just buy HD Corvette clutches from Perfection and guess what....Purple springs :nanawrench: they were the Zoom product for 1/3 the price...
If you knew what it really cost to make some of this stuff, your head would explode! Before the NAFTA Trade agreement with Canada, we would need to re-box product after it was imported to Onterio...It cost more to Package it twice than it did to make the part because of all the labor / and warehousing...You also pay alot for Name Brand Advertising...

Do your homework...Save Bigtime....

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So for jonesfullboar.com.......yeh or neh?

They advertise the same?? But they sound different. They got close TONE but they are quieter.

Ill see if i can find an example for you....

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jones Full Boar Mufflers

The single chamber series (thier version of super 10's)

2 chamber (thier version of super 40's or 44's)

Flowmaster

Super 10's

Super 40's

This is what i want mine to sound like. I got the same exhaust lope so it isnt totally random, i had to hunt for the sound i have now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
those videos with those 10 series sound nothing like mine...
I have a set of 10's on my 5.9L durango . with a Walker cat hi flo ... and it sure sounds nothing like that... what did I do wrong?:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont know what to tell you:poke:. your Durango doesnt have a lopey cam.
i dont refer to new cars when looking for mufflers. they dont sound as good.

in your case it just makes noise.

i dont know that i want 10's. too loud and i got to go back to the muffler shop for more piping. my nieghbor is a cop so i gotta watch it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
well.
thats the reason i dont like flowmasters to much.. its all hype. when you can get something else for cheaper... I beleave summit magazine has there turbo mufflers listed at 23hp gain.. a true 23.. why else advertise that. itll bite them in the nuts if it wasnt true in this sue happy world we live in.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody hear a difference at higher rpm????

I feel like the off brand starts to sound like crap at higher rpm. Its good for my pocket but not necisarilly the sound

1 - 20 of 20 Posts