El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it today! I had one of these on my 73 'Cuda but with the satin silver spokes, but went with the satin black this time around. I just love the size and feel of these steering wheels. Also, you can't beat the price! $64.99 at Summit. I had a Summit bucks coupon for $30 bucks so I got the install kit basically free!

Oh, if someone here wants a maroon 130k original wheel let me know! Otherwise it's gonna be trashed.,.,

Joe

WIN_20200517_16_38_55_Pro.jpg WIN_20200517_16_39_28_Pro.jpg

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Installed it today! I had one of these on my 73 'Cuda but with the satin silver spokes, but went with the satin black this time around. I just love the size and feel of these steering wheels. Also, you can't beat the price! $64.99 at Summit. I had a Summit bucks coupon for $30 bucks so I got the install kit basically free!

Oh, if someone here wants a maroon 130k original wheel let me know! Otherwise it's gonna be trashed.,.,

Joe

View attachment 129691 View attachment 129692
Joe , I have had that same 13 inch Grant steering wheel in my 87 Camino for about the last 10 years .It is just a couple of inches smaller that the original factory size and it is so comfortable , makes getting in and out the car easier and with power steering the larger wheel is not needed .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Joe , I have had that same 13 inch Grant steering wheel in my 87 Camino for about the last 10 years .It is just a couple of inches smaller that the original factory size and it is so comfortable , makes getting in and out the car easier and with power steering the larger wheel is not needed .
Thanks, I have missed the feeling of that wheel since letting go of that 73 'Cuda. And you're right about the size, I think it gives a better feel by being a bit smaller and increasing steering effort just a little but still very easy to turn even at slow speeds.

Joe

Registered
Really nice! I love the shifter too. Don鈥檛 trash the OEM. Hold on to it....someday someone may need that to properly restore an Elky. It may be you in the future....SAVE it!
E9AFDC56-CC51-43A6-A71C-ACCC79CC748D.jpeg

Registered
My brother -in-laws is constantly reminding me that someone somewhere wants whatever original equipment you replace, and he's right. I went brain-read right after I bought my '68 and trashed the original cracked and thoroughly ugly wheel, because I didn't want to store it. Since then, I've seen them sell on eBay for a nice price. Then there's swap meets where, with patience, you can sell anything in just about any condition. Someone somewhere wants it, no matter what "it" is.
Doc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts