El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is perfect if you want to document your restoration but you need Microsoft office. They have a 30 day free trial. maybe someone that knows computers can tell a way around this but the spreadsheet site if free. Just click the link below and on the guys first post at the bottom he has the download for the doc. there.

Once you open the spread sheet look at the bottom where it shows Engine and click on it to open that page and you will see how to use it. If it tells you protected when you try to enter info just go to file click on that and if you see protect work click on the unprotect down the list and you can now edit all the files. :eek3:

I saved mine to my desktop.

IF THERE'S A GOOD COMPUTER GUY HERE THAT COULD EXPLAIN THIS BETTER PLEASE DO!!! (I'M COMUPTER ILLITERATE AND TOO OLD TO LEARN:dontknow:)

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1869655

·
Registered
670 Posts
Robert , thanks for sharing this. I happen to be at the very beginning an engine, tranny, rear end project and this is a great way to keep of with expenses (and keep me awake at night) :) :You_Rock:

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Good find, Robert. I opened it with Google Sheets ( free google program that I use in place of Office) and it seems to work fine. Tested a few entries and formulas worked as designed.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,072 Posts
Been using that spreadsheet for years - had one on the vette and have one on the camino now - you can also open it with apache open office - which is free open architecture software. that does everything Microsoft office does.

(in fact I just finished adding all my orders for rewiring the car in my spreadsheet)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Great find. I just downloaded and opened it with google sheets too.
Dont know if it is a good idea to keep track of all those expenses....
:secret:
But I will.

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks took a lot of time to find it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks, HKDUP87. Previously, I maintained a mental running tab (along with receipts) as a means of keeping track of my restoration project costs. This spreadsheet will be more exact rather than the guesstimate approach.

Only problem that this spreadsheet creates is my wife can "know" how much these projects cost...:twisted:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Thanks, HKDUP87. Previously, I maintained a mental running tab (along with receipts) as a means of keeping track of my restoration project costs. This spreadsheet will be more exact rather than the guesstimate approach.

Only problem that this spreadsheet creates is my wife can "know" how much these projects cost...:twisted:
which is why you have 2 copies, the fake and the real. the real one you keep hidden and put a password on it. alternatively, buy yourself a Chromebook for yourself, then store it out in the cloud for your account.

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cyberray...oh that is so so deceptive and will eventually come back to bite you in the butt! LOL
Oh so true you think your in control but your not even in the game!!!:hail2:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
cyberray...oh that is so so deceptive and will eventually come back to bite you in the butt! LOL
Oh so true you think your in control but your not even in the game!!!:hail2:

you forget what I do for a living. who do you think works on the home computer when stuff breaks? :biggrin2:

plus, I work side jobs making money in a bagpipe band as well as Security at music festivals. not all of that goes into the bank account and she doesn't know the exact amount I make at those gigs. some of it goes into my "saving up for hotrod goodies" secret fund :banana:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
possibly, but....
-where is the data stored? locally or in the cloud? if in the cloud, what security are you using?
-what is the data format? can it be exported?
-how is the app supported? pay or ads?
-what versions are available? Android, Apple, computer?

need answers to this and a lot more questions

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
-where is the data stored? locally or in the cloud? if in the cloud, what security are you using?
——— Data is stored in Cloud using AWS services

-what is the data format? can it be exported?
——— Data is all stored in database so it sure can!

-how is the app supported? pay or ads?
——— It will be a tiered system. Basic plan is free for everyone and only supports one vehicle with limited features. Upgraded plan is $15 month or 120 if you want to pay for year up front. (Prices subject to change as we haven’t rolled out tiers just yet).

-what versions are available? Android, Apple, computer?
——— All! It is a web app (for now), there are plans in also making into native app in the future.

We are making final changes this week (have to change URL, format for mobile use, and some small odds / ends). If you would like to send me an email ([email protected]) I’d be happy to give you an early access look. Sounds like you’re very knowledgeable and could help provide feedback.
I work in IT so have a bit more insight into the backend than most, but don't currently have any projects or project experience to know what would be good or bad or feature-needed. I also have other opinions I won't share here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is perfect if you want to document your restoration but you need Microsoft office. They have a 30 day free trial. maybe someone that knows computers can tell a way around this but the spreadsheet site if free. Just click the link below and on the guys first post at the bottom he has the download for the doc. there.

Once you open the spread sheet look at the bottom where it shows Engine and click on it to open that page and you will see how to use it. If it tells you protected when you try to enter info just go to file click on that and if you see protect work click on the unprotect down the list and you can now edit all the files. :eek3:

I saved mine to my desktop.

IF THERE'S A GOOD COMPUTER GUY HERE THAT COULD EXPLAIN THIS BETTER PLEASE DO!!! (I'M COMUPTER ILLITERATE AND TOO OLD TO LEARN:dontknow:)

Restoration Spreadsheet Version 1.1
Very cool spreadsheet! I’ll have to make sure my wife doesn’t see the completed version after my Chevelle is complete...lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts