El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to put this so I figured I'd start here. I found this in an old house I was remodeling and thought it was pretty cool. Any one know anything about it like when GM sold or gave them to you. The picture of the fuses were the ones that were in the box when I found it but I don't think they are the originals as the box states it had six in it and judging by the box size they would have been the longer style.
Ang. ps sorry for the side ways pics I couldn't figure out how to rotate them.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice find, seems GM always had these types of trinkets even in the 80's. For some reason no one ever seems to make a big deal out of them. My 87' cutlass I just bought has all the original stuff from the dealer, including a gold plated key chain and clip. The key chain has the model and year on it.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Notice the absence of a zip code on the container. It must be earlier than 1960/61.Very collectible item.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I was kinda thinkin the same thing as Lockjaw, but going by the type of lettering used I,d guess it to be at least that old.

It's funny what you find in walls sometimes. I once pulled a piece of newspaper out of a door frame used for caulk backing that had a readable article about a one hundredth something military squad on a mission in vietnam. When I showed it to the customer, she freaked out & called her husband, which immediately came home from work to see it. He was in that unit. No bs.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Notice the absence of a zip code on the container. It must be earlier than 1960/61.Very collectible item.
Good observation on that I didn't catch it.
And to jlcustomz I once found an opened pack of smokes in a wall of another house I was working on. I don't remember the brand but they had to have been from the 40's, this was going to be at least a year long project, anyway I told my guys when we were done I'd smoke one of them. It's a bad thing I know but I'm a smoker. When we were finished and the home owners moved in I sparked one up.
WOW was it nasty but it was worth it.
Ang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts