El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just curious as to your recommendations......When I bought my 69 ElCo over a year ago it had a ZZ4 engine that was installed in 2000. It only had 5000 miles on it when I bought her and runs strong with no oil leaks at all. Well it is time change the oil......is a synthetic good or should I stay with coventional??? I heard synthetic could cause oil leaks????

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,560 Posts
Hi all,
Just curious as to your recommendations......When I bought my 69 ElCo over a year ago it had a ZZ4 engine that was installed in 2000. It only had 5000 miles on it when I bought her and runs strong with no oil leaks at all. Well it is time change the oil......is a synthetic good or should I stay with coventional??? I heard synthetic could cause oil leaks????

Either or,

I’m running the driven 15-50 conventional, because thats what my engine builder recommended,

nothing wrong with synthetic, it’s better in a lot of ways, mobile1 is great, driven also makes a synthetic also

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Either or,

I’m running the driven 15-50 conventional, because thats what my engine builder recommended,

nothing wrong with synthetic, it’s better in a lot of ways, mobile1 is great, driven also makes a synthetic also
X2
I run synthetic in my 78. My wife's Honda has used Mobil 1 , it has 274,000 miles on it without a rebuild yet.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I run 10W-40 Mobil 1 synthetic in my ZZ4 and change it every 3-4k miles or so. Been using the same oil in my '06 GTO now for the 60k miles I've put on it with about 25k of those miles being at 700hp or so and haven't had any issues with it.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you guys think synthetic is cool ....that is the way I am going to go. I am reading 10W-40 for summer and 10w -30 for winter......Mobil 1 should fit the bill.

Thank you gentlemen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts