El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a one inch spacer on my low rise dual plane a few people on the board said it was recommended for the elderbrock carb. But won't this defeat the purpose of having a dual plane intake

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question I plan on installing a vortech supercharger in about a month should I have gone with a high rise single plane or will the performer rpm air gap be a good choice

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Spencer, current HOT ROD magazine has a tech article about the Vortech systems. In that article they stated that the dual plane worked well with blowers up to 5000 rpms. Above that the single plane manifold made much more power.I will see if I can put the article up for you if I can find it.
BTW, I am running an Edelbrock Air Gap RPM Performer with a Quick Fuel double pumper setup.It's hot here now and when I go to start the car when it's hot and been sitting a couple of minutes it starts after too much cranking and acts rich for a second.m I am sure it is percolation of the fuel from the ehat. The AIR GAPs do get hot if you drive for more than 30 minutes. I beieve raw gass is being boiled out into the manifold. My problem is that the manifold it pretty high, the carb and ari cleaner leave no clearance for my 1" phenolic spacer.It has four throttle bores exact same siZe as throttle plates. I am trying to figure out a way to use that spacer without changing manifolds back to the ZZ4.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Keep in mind that, on the street and highway, you'll end up spending almost all your time from idle to about 3,000 rpm. That's where you want to make your power, or at least your torque.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got it on today after bout four hours of porting (check my other thread) didn't use the spaced and it runs fine but I had to throw a lot of timing at it about 16degrees I like it it on the bottom end but seems like my power band level out around 4000 I may need to run the one inch spacer to get my top back I keep mine pretty wrapped up :secret::twisted: hey lockjaw could you find the article I would like to see it but the next intake WILL NOT BE CHINESE CRAP AND WILL NOT COME FROM KMJ. It's nice having her back in action :nanawrench:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Spencer, pick up the May 2012 edition of Hot Rod. They have a very comprehensive article and comparison data on the Paxton blower using air gap dual plane vs the Victor single plane with Holley blow through setup on a small block Ford. They have tables showing performances all through the rpm range. Data shoul be relative to the SBC motor. It is about a five page presentation. If you can't find the issue let me know and i will try to Fax it or email it to you. It is a good read regardless of being basrd on a FRAUD motor
The data clearly shows the air gap eddy dual plane performer delivers better performance..hp and torque until youyou start cranking the motor above 5800 rpms.
James

1 - 13 of 13 Posts