El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm sort of new around here. I've been asking a couple questions here and there and so far you guys have really helped me out and answered all my questions.

Anyway, I thought I'd share pics of the car I'm always referring to and which I just got delivered to me about 2 weeks ago. This is my first El Camino and excactly the car I have been dreaming of for years.

It's a 1977 El Camino Classic with a 350ci 4 barrel. The car is 100% orginal, including paint etc... It even has an old 1970s CB radio in there. It has 36 000 original miles and is perfect condition. This car has only had one previous owner, an old guy who bought it new and took really good care of it. He bought it new with a camper top which he never took off and had put a piece of carpet on the bed so it's like new too. It also has features like fuel consumption gauge, cruise control etc... In the glove box, I found the original sales slip that was stuck on the window at the dealership and lists all the options and orginal sales price. I also found the user's manual.

I love this car and I'm sure you guys can understand why. I'll be hanging around this forum in the future,
Later'
Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Nice 77 Classic Eric. :D Good that the previous owners left the manual inside the truck all these years. Lots of them get thrown away or lost. From the pic it doesn't look like you've got any rough spots in the two tone trim that is also very important. You would have a difficult time trying to locate nice trim, its all used when you can find it. Did I mention very expensive too. 8O

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Very nice 4th generation. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... when I was first looking for an El Camino I wanted a mean aggressive looking, black paint etc... But then then I found this one and think it's great just the way it is. I think it would be a crime to modify a car that has been so well preserved. I don't have a problem with changing parts that can be swapped back to original, but I would not repaint it or anything like that.

Besides, everything works fine as is. I say, if it works don't fix it!
Eric

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Hey Eric:

I noticed your Classic has California plates on it, but the rest of the surrounding cars have European plates of some sort. Where are you located? Give us the whole story on your Elky, did you import it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dunno why...but i never really noticed this before, maybe i have and it just looked normal or something, but the tail lights on the 4th gens were the "corvette" tails? man....i must have been asleep while i was looking at other 4th gens.

nice looking elky! and yeah, whats the story on the euro plates!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's right,
I'm in Paris / France. I'm part French / part American. I really like the french way of life but european cars & bikes just don't do it for me. I'm actually a big 1940's Harley freak too [check out my webiste from link in my signature].

I had the car imported from sunny California by a professional located in Belgium. I just told him what I was looking for and he found this one for me. It's excatly what I need o take my 1943 Harley flathead racer to the track :cool:

El Caminos were never sold by dealers here in Europe [at least not in France], so there's not many of them [only ones that were imported by individuals] and all the ones I have seen are wrecks. This one is here now but may make the trip back to the US someday if I decide to go back.
Later'
Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Chevy Talk has several members in different parts of Europe that have some really nice Elkys only in Europe they were not called El Camino. They were the name of some small anamial, I don't rmember something like a Linx or some such. I use to have lots of Europen Links to various sites featuring Elkys.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice 4th gen elky its a rare find in that condition. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a very nice find....someday I hope to have my 76 looking that good again. But I'm kinda glad mine wasn't that nice when I got it, now I can build it any way I wan't and not kick myself for screwing up a nicely preserved car.

Brett

·
Registered
349 Posts
8O thats what i call a survivor!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eric @ B.O.S

Hey Kelly,
Yep, I have the orginal build sheet as well which was along with the other documents. If you guys are interested I can make nice scans of the build sheet and original sales sheet/specs and post them up here.
Later'
Eric

:-D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts