El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr & Mrs Fixitman1-aka Roy & Joyce have been wonderful, and I know they're making Carlos exactly like I want it to be! Roy has been fantastic about keeping me updated with everything he's done, complete with photos, every step of the way! I can't say enough good about how professional and knowledgeable he is!
Not only will Carlos be better than ever, but I've gained a friendship out of this as well.
Only 10 more days until I get to have Carlos back home, and I can see firsthand how a professionally built engine is supposed to be! I cannot wait to drive it!
BTW-it's definitely going to be AWESOME!!!:secret:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
:nanawrench::beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Glad to hear you hooked up with a real mechanic this time! Carlos will probably "fly"
:smileyb:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I know how you feel about having to wait, just think of the fun you're going to have:yell:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlos is running! Roy let me hear it when he fired it up yesterday, and it sounds fantastic! :inlove:
He also sent me a video of it running, and I cannot wait to get behind the wheel and see what it will do now that it's all done RIGHT!

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you ever find out what was wrong with it???? What the other guy did?

Let's just say, he sure didn't know what he was doing! It ended up being a spun rod bearing that was the source of the clattering/knocking noise. Too many "wrongs" to bother getting my blood pressure up over again.:twisted:

I've got a new engine in Carlos now, and Roy & Joyce have made ol' Carlos better than new!! :nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any new skull heads on the engine ?
None on the new engine YET, but hope to add one or two new ones between next week and Belton--I got a really cool one that I'm planning on hooking up as a 3rd brake light. I'm always coming across new skulls and places to put them on Carlos. I just love making sure everyone knows Carlos is an old lady's car!! :poke:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only have 3 more full days of waiting to get my "baby" back!!
Saturday I'll be driving Carlos again! :inlove:
Also, I'll even have time to squeeze in a "practice" car show before Belton.

:smileyb:cannot wait cannot wait cannot wait!!!:smileyb:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Sounds depressed don't she!!!:poke:
I think you need a practice run up here to Dallas, like maybe The Heights car show at the end of the month!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roy is completely finished with Carlos! Joyce will be taking Carlos out for a test drive tomorrow morning. (Roy says Carlos doesn't like him.) Then, they'll be loading Carlos onto their trailer, and bringing him home to me Saturday morning! :inlove:
Here's a sneak peek: click on pic for video.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Dang, I knew you wanted it to fly but.......levitate???:poke:
Can't wait to see you in it!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang, I knew you wanted it to fly but.......levitate???:poke:
Can't wait to see you in it!!:nanawrench:
Donny
As excited as I am about knowing I'll finally be driving it again tomorrow, I feel like I'm levitating, or walking on clouds!
I'll be posting another video sometime this weekend so keep watching!!
Enjoy your weekend!
:beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
As excited as I am about knowing I'll finally be driving it again tomorrow, I feel like I'm levitating, or walking on clouds!
I'll be posting another video sometime this weekend so keep watching!!
Enjoy your weekend!
:beer:

TIC TOC TIC TOC:poke:

:texas::texas::texas:

PIC'S BEFORE BELTON?:secret::secret::secret::secret:

·
0 Posts
Levitating is what I do every day. lol. jk.
Can't wait til the video is posted!:beer::You_Rock:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reunited and it feels so good...

FINALLY!! It was only a few weeks, but it sure felt like forever to get my Elky back!
Roy & Joyce delivered it home to me this morning, and I feel like I've got a new car!
I can't say enough positive, good things about the way the entire project went! They documented EVERY procedure, and Roy explained EVERYTHING as he went along so I could understand what and why he was doing what he was doing. He did everything on Carlos as if he were working on his own vehicle, and I'm telling you, he's so thorough, and KNOWS his stuff! I couldn't be happier with the end result! I know my Elky's not perfect, but it's exactly the way I wanted it. Thank you Roy and Joyce for all of your hard work, and for making me the proud owner of a great running El Camino! You guys are the BEST!! :beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts