El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Hi, I am thinking about (right or wrong) chopping the top on my 74'
classic and wondered if any body out there has advise/opinion on this.
I would appreciate any help. I want to know specifically what to do about the windshield replacement and what has to be done. Thanks in advance.

74' classic elky owner
pumped 350, tired paint, resto in progress, daily driver :>

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Evening Darryl. While I can't advise on how to chop your Elky, I have a few pics of a '72 that was chopped and "Blacked Out". Check it out on my web site at http://levitanj.home.mindspring.com/carshow03/summernats/page2/page2.html

I saw this Elky over the July 4th weekend at the East Coast Summer Nationals. I looked all over to find the owner, but didn't. The pics really don't do it justice. It just plain looks awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool:
Hey That chop job is really tight! I do belive that I have seen pics of it before online. Thanks for the link. I did get a chance to check out your
web site and your ride. Very nice, very clean, attention to detail If i may say! I did notice your R&R of your master cylinder and Booster, hope that it was preventive and not a bad story? I lost my brakes a few weeks ago and switched out my master. I ended up roasting a sidewal in the rear to stop, hit a curb.Arrrg. :mad: I am pretty lucky seeing how I live way the hell up here in the mountians. I also noticed your custom wire guide/holders, nice. A question...What plugs do you run in your ride, and what make of headers? Once again Nice ride!

74' elky custom owner
pumped 350, daily driver, resto project

1 - 3 of 3 Posts