El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

July 14 - 16, 2017
St. Paul Street Machine Summer Nationals

Like every year for the last 8 years or so I will be attending this event running the Stop box event which is a part of the Street Machine challenge, though if you have a car registered for the entire event then the stop box is open for your enjoyment.

We give out trophies to those who aren't participating in the street machine challenge. This year for the fastest run of the day.

I'm the guy on the PA system timing the event.

We have an El Camino registered in the Street machine challenge this year for the first time. someone here?

Even if you are only coming to see the show and not bringing your car, drop by and say hello.

Eric

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The Street machine nationals in St. Paul were a big success with something like 4-500 more pre-registered cars over last year which probably meant something like 4000 or more cars overall.

Our event doubled its record with over 670 runs at the Stop box, the only downside to that number of runs is that I really didn't get a chance to see much of the show itself.

In our competition, which is the Street Machine Challenge, we had a G-body El Camino entered. This Camino has a Schwartz full chassis, LS motor and TKO trans. It performed well, though it didn't place in the top 3 for an award.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts