El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 15 yr old does NOT have his driver's license YET, but he DOES have his own 82 El Camino. He knows he can't take it out on the road, so what does he do? How about put 2.5 miles on it without leaving our yard?! He had no idea that I was watching or recording him doing this today-oh, and he had the dog with him! And YES this is the same kid who slept in this Elky the night we brought it home! THAT'S my boy!! :inlove:

http://youtu.be/6DNQGfIYBEs

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
we had a huge back yard when I was 15. I bought my first car (a 60 Olds Super 88 2 dr ht for $100 in july, 1969), but didn't turn 16 til end of Oct. By then I had put 2 full tanks of gas (20 gal tank/.19 per gal) thru it, and had filled in an untold number of ruts. 394/4 bbl olds you know!

lmao

:poke:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
See Boys and Girls we raise 'em right in TEXAS.:You_Rock::beer::texas:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Thats the way to do it. I did that a lot when his age also.

Have him do the same thing only backing using only mirrors.

Practice makes perfect.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Got to love him he stayed on the dirt and the dog is a given their supposed to be in the front seat. I never left the dog home unless I had to. Good driving experience for the big day.:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::texas:

AND MOM'S CATCH EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Terry:poke: wheres that dual exhaust we talked about:dontknow: just messin with ya!

Havent seen him on here much?

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This morning, Hayden decided to get up at crack of dawn and yank out the seats from his 82, and put the bucket seats in. We told him to wait and do it AFTER we get the electric harness he needs for the power driver seat, and new carpet, BUT he went ahead and switched the seats out anyway.
Here's what I woke up to...

here's one of the bucket seats in...

At least he's trying! That's the best way to learn!

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Terry:poke: wheres that dual exhaust we talked about:dontknow: just messin with ya!

Havent seen him on here much?
Brandon-the only dual exhaust around here is on Carlos! :poke:
He doesn't like to get on here and post like his mama does! :dontknow:

·
0 Posts
LMAO! I love how he's pretending the dog is a person. The dog seems to enjoy every bit of it too. The funniest part is when he realized you were recording and he yells "Mom" and you say "Park it!" Man he's gonna be the happiest when he's the coolest kid at school with a classic. :beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For your viewing pleasure! Here's a video of the dog (Mooch) driving the Son's (Hayden's) 82!
Much time and effort went into the making of this 22 second video, but we'll do just about anything for a laugh! :poke:
http://youtu.be/7yCRpU1oymg

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
a check for $19.95 is on the way!

LMAO!!! :You_Rock: :texas:

·
Registered
367 Posts
maybe i can get mooch to drive the big truck?:nanawrench::texas::dontknow::poke:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thats funny,as it brings back memories of myself,learning to drive.My parents used to let me drive up and down the driveway,(400 mtrs),i could drive down,but had to reverse back up using only the mirrors,and i gained a lot of experience doing so.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
hey terry, it's been kinda referred to here a bit, but think about this.......

set up a 1.5 car wide lane with some sort of markers out in the yard there, then make Mooch drive it BACKWARDS! only using the mirrors. great practice. throw a parking place or 2 in there also, for some parallel parking practice. The young people around here can't back up to save their lives. I get a good laugh watching them try tho.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey terry, it's been kinda referred to here a bit, but think about this.......

set up a 1.5 car wide lane with some sort of markers out in the yard there, then make Mooch drive it BACKWARDS! only using the mirrors. great practice. throw a parking place or 2 in there also, for some parallel parking practice. The young people around here can't back up to save their lives. I get a good laugh watching them try tho.

We practiced parallel parking today! With the kid not the dog! (the dog already knows how to do it like a pro!) :poke:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts