El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still in need of a gear indicator for a non gauge, column shift, automatic transmission car. Getting close to reassembly. Only part I dont have. Thanks. :dontknow:

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is what I have for you...

Hey man. This pod came out of my 80 V6. I'm thinking it's a exactly what you're looking for?

You'll notice that one of the traces on the circuit board was broken and fixed by soldering a jumper.

·
Registered
668 Posts
the piece he is looking for is the shift indicator assy
Ah HA! Now I understand. The indicator of this year (and all gauges for that matter) have the super thin, non-tapered, needle like appearance, which is a rare look compared to the other years of the 5th Gen.

The indicator wasn't with the dash pod. I need to check my box of guages for it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gear indicator.

Hi all! Thanks for all the help. Showtime is correct. :nanawrench: That is what I need. Should also be a cable that connects to the steering column. Will keep watching posts for availability. Thanks again. :You_Rock:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dash pod.

Michealj That is just like my pod with the exception of a clock directly opposite of the gas gauge. Just need to add new bulbs. Your lens looks pretty clear compared to mine. If there are no scratches or haze or broken screw tabs would you be interested in selling it?

·
Registered
668 Posts
The good news and the bad news...

Hey all,

This is very weird. I replied earlier today and my post never seemed to go through, so here it is again:

The Good News
I found the indicator from my 80 sweep dash, and yes, it has the column cable/clip still attached.

The Bad News
The indicator needle is broken off and one of the three screw tabs is partially gone.

But the other two mounting tabs are nice and solid.

The indicator is yours if you want it. I believe that it can be easily repaired by filing a small notch and glueing in small length of piano wire to mimic the thin round pointer style of this year. I can do this repair or leave it up to you. I will, however leave painting it to you so that you can get a close match to your other needles.

Pod Lense

I'm trying to decide what to do with the pod lense. Ideally I'd like to sell the entire pod, and the sweep dash lenses are very hard to find, so it would make the pod a better value. The lense is in great shape! No haze, no scratches, great mounting tabs. It has yellowed slightly with age, though. Let me consider this...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Understand about lens. I probably wouldnt split it up either. Showtime has a line on the part from someone on another site. Let me check that lead out and ill get back to you. Thanks for all your efforts. Bill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts