El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Brought it home today. I'll bring it to the local bi-weekly car show on Sunday.

Got the new quarter window sealing strips in place (gotta take the quarter windows out to get the sealing strips out to get a clean quarter panel paint job), will fasten them down tomorrow. Then get the quarter windows in. Finally temperatures in the seventies this week will help with the butyl sealing stuff I got. Been planning the installation/reinstallation of all these new/cleaned/repainted parts for weeks (that have been cluttering up the garage, sunporch, spare bedroom, etc (for weeks)).

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Jim,

Thank you very much for posting. I would have never though to seek out a community college program for training and access to the right tools. And your results show positively that your approach works.

Ya got me thinking...

Thanks,
Tim

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice access to the school's tools and supplies. I used one of those weld-on dent pullers to redo the failed quarter panel repair from before I bought the truck. Wouldn't have shelled out the $1,000 to buy one for personal use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
NICE I wonder if the tech school near me does this? I've been quoted $3500 - 8500. That would be awesome. Just to seal up road rash and scratches from rusting, I tried paint cans. Sealed up nice but I wouldn't recommend that process to anyone. Yours is AWESOME...come to Minnesota and do mine!!!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts