El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’m converting my ‘67 to discs in the front which means I can finally put on the set of rally wheels I have. I want to get the wheels media blasted and painted the correct Argent silver.

1. Are there any paint shops that you guys can recommend in the San Fernando Valley area?

2. Should I buy the paint separately from a place like OPGI or would a shop be able to get it themselves? Or should I just ask the shop?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
You can get the paint at places like opgi and NPD in spray cans and do it yourself a lot cheaper. Unless you have a blast cabinet I recommend having someone else do the blasting though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get the paint at places like opgi and NPD in spray cans and do it yourself a lot cheaper. Unless you have a blast cabinet I recommend having someone else do the blasting though.
Yeah that’s my problem. I live in an apartment. I’m using a buddy’s garage to work on the car but I don’t think painting in there is going to be an option. I figure just get it all done at one place.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Here is a link or Repaint of Stock Rims.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Jarred, something to consider. Take a look at buying new rally wheels. They'll already be freshly painted and not several decades old! As for powder coating vs paint, a paint supply friend said this to me...you can touch-up paint but not powder coating.

One thing about this hobby...decisions, decisions, decisions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts