El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today starts the build of my Papa and Uncle Ric's 72 or should I say un-build, Rust!

My Story check it out! http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=79161

17 years in the back yard behind Mom and Dads Shop! My mom was glad I moved it. The 3 people a week knocking on the door wanting to by it was getting old. and no one had 5 Million dollars to buy it, of course that wouldn't buy it anyway!

Pillar Rust pretty BAD!

Right and left front fender lower rust. I will be replacing both as they also have dents!

Both sides of the floor pan will have to be replaced!

Tail gate had a sticker on it and rusted thru under it! Don't know what I will do here!

Rear lower needs a patch here.

Back window tray will be replaced!

Back window frame at bottom will be replaced!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Under the hood, what a mess 402BBC with no juice! Well factory Air and cruse control ant bad.

Got Lucy and it had a 12 bolt rear-end!

All front end intact, what a Bonus!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now for the dash, gauges no idiot lights sweet!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now for the bed after we removed 10 years of junk from it, Not to bad no rust holes!

Now for the dents, Wow this SUCKS !!!!!

Front fender, it will be replaced!

behind the seat! no Rust in bed wall!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this is close to what she will look like but with more of a drag car style. Color is Sunset Orange looks almost Mojave Gold in the dark!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found me a donor for the window pillar will pick it up Saturday.
8)

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
Looks like all the right ingredients are there. Now get to work! :silly:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got on my project finally after building my new house. When Photo bucket updates I will post pics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found out from my aunt that the old girl has been sitting for 35 years what a mess!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update after two weeks... Photobucket is still down! We got the motor out and busted down, it was so bad we had to beat every part out of her. Cleaned up the car getting ready to pull the frame out and did a rust check and shes not that bad. I have some amazing pics to share soon... Project Goldilocks is on the books no turning back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
We tried to start her after 35 plus years no luck! Build the 402 or put my 565 BBC in her? 🧐

1 - 20 of 22 Posts