El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the storyline...

As some of you may or may not know I collect Tarantulas. Its sort of a cheaper hobby than having 3 or 4 elkys, not as fun but still a hobby. I love exotic animals. well I am a memeber on a tarantula fourm like this. Sadly it has come to my attention that one of the members is on welfare and buys spiders. Now spiders run anywhere from about 35-200$ for the 200$ don't ask thats to rich for my blood. But they buy these spiders yet post about not having a job or a car or anything. They just post all day about stupid stuff. It just really pisses me off that they are tapping into the hard earned money I make. True I am young and haven't spent a large portion of my life paying taxes I been working since about 13 yrs old.(not legally but I still had to pay a form of taxes)What burns me is the tax money is there but goes to them I started school needing books and money for tution. But could I get government aid, no. So currently I have 2 jobs and full time school. I used to raise crickets and mealworms and other various bait type bugs for people at school that had reptiles to make extra cash. I don't really mean to bringthis here but I have found a lot of older gentlemen that have a lot more experience than me. I know theres not much I can do about it. I am also posting here becuase I need to rant and if I posted on the other site it would get deleted almost as soon as the mod logs on in a few hours... It just pisses me off. What do you guys think? :mad: :mad: :mad: I guess the blue collar guy is the one that gets crapped on alot..... Anyways thank you for your time...any opinions are welcome....or am I just flying overboard here? I just know one good thing I got me a Elky that is reliable so I don't have to worry with a new/used car payment that will be a lemon!

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Keep up your work ethic. It'll pay off in the years after school, and possibly even during school. It did for me.
Enjoy the El Camino.
Good luck,
-dan

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Dan is absolutely right. Good work ethics do pay off in the long run Will. I get just about all the overtime I want from my employer because of my work ethics, initiative and responsibility. Unfortunately I pay a greater amount of taxes because of it, so tell that unemployed guy on the spyder website (get it?) to take good care of my Tarantula. :lol: Always strive to be the best at whatever you do!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with the above and will add that this is what happens when liberals gain power. They believe that no one should have more than anyone else - that is why we now have confiscatory income taxes and re-distribution of wealth from people who invest (in the economy and themselves) and work hard to those who don't.

Scottish historian Alexander Fraser Tytler, observed that, "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

I'm sure you'll note that the U.S. slips further down this slippery slope every year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
70ElkySS said:
that is why we now have confiscatory income taxes and re-distribution of wealth from people who invest (in the economy and themselves) and work hard to those who don't.

I'm sure you'll note that the U.S. slips further down this slippery slope every year.
Sounds like Communism...
You better get you a jar, but true spiders aren't worth as much... just tarantulas. There are soem i nthe southwest parts of the US so if you live there, better learn to catch them ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Will you're right.

Was in a K-Mart one night and the lady, in a fur coat, in front of me was checking out her steaks. But when she pulled out Food Stamps that really burned me. To add insult to injurywhen I walked out of the store she was leaving in a Mercedes.

Unfortunatly there are those that use the system for thier own gain. If they would put all the time and effort they put into screwing everyone else into a business they would most likely do well.

But that's the way it is...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Even during a great economy there are those that "Can't work" they have a bone in their leg or their butt hurts or they have sore fingers from staying up all night typing gibberish on some chat board. All good excuses of coarse and extremely good reasons why they can't work. :sarcasm:

We should support these poor people. We owe it to them. The reason slips away from me right now but we owe them. Its not communism Will. That would be where everyone works and then the government allots you so much for that work in Food and housing and health care. We note that during the heyday of the USSR they were all evenly wealthy. In other words everyone had the same from the leader of their country to the lowly little potato farmer. :sarcasm:

They will always be lazy people sponging off society like a leach and it doesn't bother them a little to do so. Again in their eyes, we owe them. Once you've had a chance to be in the Work-a-day environment for a spell you'll start to notice a Hybrid version of these same people. Some are educated. This morphed version come in every day and "work at not working." Hopefully you'll not have to work directly with someone like that. They sponge off the Corporations and feel justified because they, once again, owe it to them; they employed them and trusted the lie. :baa:

Have pride in yourself, your work and do your best even if only you know. Be honest when you have the opportunity not to be. Piss on those that don't or won't and for the actual few that really can't, don't criticize they generally try to help themselves if they are honest people.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm with ya buddy...no one on welfare should be buying anything expensive unless they get out a get a job! I've had to work since I was 12. I now own my own business and I hate the fact that there are those who do not work, yet complain about not being able to live where the wealthy do. We don't owe anyone anything.

I'm all for helpiung anyone get back on their feet and get a job, but for those unwilling to work and abusing the system, well I got a few choice words for them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts