El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally picked up the '81 Caballero from the flood. While there appears to be a lot of good solid parts, I'm pretty sure the engine is toast after being under water and the interior is just flatout disgusting. I doubt you'll want the bench seats, but hey, you never know (those are so nasty that if you pull them out you can have them). We'll know more once we do a pressure wash and get all the dirt (AND THE ANTS) out. I will be pulling the engine (305 v8) out for scrap but I'm sure the cast iron exhaust, accessory brackets, wiper linkage, etc, are good, so if you are interested in something, let me know. Until I really start getting into disassembly, everything is presumed to be in good shape and priced accordingly. If I find it in worse condition, I'll let you know and drop price accordingly.

You can view the general condition of the vehicle at this link...

The front clip has already been spoken for, as well as the rear license plate pocket. Some other items are pending and I do have emails from those folks.

To give you a general idea, I'm going to turn this into a trailer, so everything from cab-forward (except as noted as pending) is available. It's going to be hard to price some of this stuff because I can't guarantee it works (like the radio). So whatever knicky-knacky pieces you might need, just ask.

The list below will be added to as I go along, but if you don't see something here, ask and I'll get back to you about it. Buyer pays shipping.

Final note: I really don't know what some of this stuff is worth. If' you think I'm asking too much, point me to a similar item in like condition selling for less. I'm not looking to make a mint, I just want to get rid of the parts I don't need and give ECC members the opportunity to get some hard to find Caballero items they need or want.

Before I sell anything, I will take close-up pictures of the item and text them to you so you know what you're getting before committing. Don't want unhappy fellow members.

UC=Unknown Condition

Body
Front clip, fenders, hood, etc - SOLD
Body trim for a two-tone (all of it) - AVAILABLE , $150
Front grill - PENDING
Caballero grill script - AVAILABLE , $65
Two-piece fan/engine shroud - SOLD
Chin radiator spoiler - SOLD , $25
Tailgate - PENDING
GMC on tailgate - SOLD , $60
GMC Hood ornament (needs work) - SOLD , $20
Rear window - AVAILABLE , $200
Rear window trim - SOLD (missing a couple of rightside pieces) , $20
Quarter windows - AVAILABLE , $40/set
Door glass - AVAILABLE , $50/set (both unbroken as far as I know, psgr side good)
Front windshield trim - AVAILABLE , $20
Coolant Overflow - Broken
Psgr Door - AVAILABLE , $20
Door Mirrors - $5/set (dented)
Front Bumper w/bumperettes - PENDING , $120
Front License plate bracket - AVAILABLE , $10

Under The Hood
Windshield Washer jug - AVAILABLE , $20
Air Filter Intake - AVAILABLE , $10
Vacuum ball - AVAILABLE , $20
Cruise control mechanism - AVAILABLE , $50
Wiper motor w/linkage - AVAILABLE , $15
A/C components - AVAILABLE , $80 (cut the condenser radiator open and it was still pressurized, should still be good)

Interior
Door sill plates - AVAILABLE , $20/set
Steering wheel and/or column - AVAILABLE , $50?
Radio, dash surround - SOLD , $15
Glove box - AVAILABLE , $20
Instrument gauges - AVAILABLE , $10
Instrument fascia - AVAILABLE , $20
Dash wood plaque with Caballero script - SOLD

·
Registered
1987 GMC Caballero, 400 HP 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
176 Posts
The steering wheel looks to be in good shape, from the pictures

·
Premium Member
1983 El Camino SS - Choo Choo Custom
87 Posts
CyRay,
I might be interested in a couple of the cruise control brackets (and hardware) & vacuum ball.
Thanks, Gabe

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The steering wheel looks to be in good shape, from the pictures
if you're interested in it, let me take a closer look at it and take some pics.

CyRay,
I might be interested in a couple of the cruise control brackets (and hardware) & vacuum ball.
Thanks, Gabe
can do Gabe. start a conversation and send me a cell# where I can text some pics to you.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
updated some prices (lowered, NOT raised), uploaded some pics and a video walk-around

the steering wheel ha a rally nice center emblem. I suspect I can pull the whole steering column

·
Registered
316 Posts
probably. how would I know if it's bad?
Have to put a drill on trans side and spin it see if needle jumps or cable squeaky
Probably more trouble than it’s worth I’m too cheap to buy a new one lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally picked up the '81 Caballero from the flood. While there appears to be a lot of good solid parts, I'm pretty sure the engine is toast after being under water and the interior is just flatout disgusting. I doubt you'll want the bench seats, but hey, you never know (those are so nasty that if you pull them out you can have them). We'll know more once we do a pressure wash and get all the dirt (AND THE ANTS) out. I will be pulling the engine (305 v8) out for scrap but I'm sure the cast iron exhaust, accessory brackets, wiper linkage, etc, are good, so if you are interested in something, let me know. Until I really start getting into disassembly, everything is presumed to be in good shape and priced accordingly. If I find it in worse condition, I'll let you know and drop price accordingly.

You can view the general condition of the vehicle at this link...

The front clip has already been spoken for, as well as the rear license plate pocket. Some other items are pending and I do have emails from those folks.

To give you a general idea, I'm going to turn this into a trailer, so everything from cab-forward (except as noted as pending) is available. It's going to be hard to price some of this stuff because I can't guarantee it works (like the radio). So whatever knicky-knacky pieces you might need, just ask.

The list below will be added to as I go along, but if you don't see something here, ask and I'll get back to you about it. Buyer pays shipping.

Final note: I really don't know what some of this stuff is worth. If' you think I'm asking too much, point me to a similar item in like condition selling for less. I'm not looking to make a mint, I just want to get rid of the parts I don't need and give ECC members the opportunity to get some hard to find Caballero items they need or want.

Before I sell anything, I will take close-up pictures of the item and text them to you so you know what you're getting before committing. Don't want unhappy fellow members.

UC=Unknown Condition

Body
Body trim for a two-tone (all of it) - AVAILABLE , $150
Front grill - PENDING
Caballero grill script - AVAILABLE , $65
Tailgate - PENDING
Rear window - AVAILABLE , $200
Rear window trim - SOLD (missing a couple of rightside pieces) , $20
Door glass - AVAILABLE , $50/set (both unbroken as far as I know, psgr side good)
Front windshield trim - AVAILABLE , $20
Door Mirrors - $5/set (dented)

Under The Hood
Air Filter Intake - AVAILABLE , $10
Cruise control mechanism - AVAILABLE , $50
A/C components - AVAILABLE , $80 (cut the condenser radiator open and it was still pressurized, should still be good)

Interior
Door sill plates - AVAILABLE , $20/set

View attachment 139248
I’m interested in the instrument housing

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Body
Body trim for a two-tone (all of it from front to back) - AVAILABLE , $150
Front grill - PENDING
Caballero grill script - AVAILABLE , $60
Tailgate - PENDING
Rear window - AVAILABLE , $100
Rear window trim - SOLD (missing a rightside pieces) , $20
Front windshield trim - SOLD

Under The Hood
Air Filter snorkel Intake - AVAILABLE , $10
Charcoal canister - AVAILABLE , $10
Cruise control transducer - SOLD , $50
(does not appear to be the Delay model as the control stalk does not indicate)
A/C compressor - AVAILABLE , $40 (cut the condenser radiator off and it was still pressurized, should still be good)
(appears to be an aftermarket 4 Seasons compressor)

Interior
Door sill plates - AVAILABLE , $10/set

1 - 20 of 22 Posts