El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming most parts amongst 78 thru 87 elkys are interchangable, but I figured I'd ask the experts on this site! I might be using parts of an 80 el camino to improve a 79 and wanted assurance this woudn't be a problem for most interior and exterior parts. Or let me know if there are any other sites concerning this situation. Thanks, J

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Accept for a very few exceptions (mostly front end pieces, they vary a bit between 78-81), almost all the parts are interchangable between 78-87 Elkys. What is it that you specifically want to know or swap. And this is by far the best website, concerning any of the 5 different generations of El Caminos'. If someone here can't help you with a problem, answer a question you may have, or direct you to someone who can help, then your problem doesn't exsist! 8)

·
1,867 Posts
I have parts from alot of chevys & even non GMs on my elky. It's amazing what will work with alittle imagination. :cool: To answer your question, factory is right most stuff will interchange.

·
Registered
636 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
... this is by far the best website, concerning any of the 5 different generations of El Caminos'. If someone here can't help you with a problem, answer a question you may have, or direct you to someone who can help, then your problem doesn't exsist! 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts