El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. I have a 1987, no idea if it's standard, SS, or what.
Anyway, my Daughter drove it to school and came home without the stereo and drive side window. Does the EC share the same window with the Malibu and Monte Carlo?

Thx, Wayne in Phoenix

·
Registered
123 Posts
El camino windows are the only ones that work. Good news is; 1 '78 to '87 should all be the same glass, 2 You have great salvage yards in AZ, and 3 It's an easy do it yourself fix.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got one today at a local junkyard for $60. The Monte Carlo doors match the Elky but the windows do not. Thanks to Doug Robbins and the junkyard dude for the info. By the way being in the desert is good and bad. The junkyard had a 1973 Elky with perfect metal but all the rubber/vinyl would crumble to dust in your hand.

Wayne in Phoenix

·
Registered
118 Posts
:lol: wayne not bruce wayne Right! :p where in az are good wreaking yards that you can find part everything i fing should of been buried long ago

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wrecking yards.

Elkzzilla,
Deer Valley wrecking said they had 4. I only found 2. They had a 1973(?) with good quarter panels but was otherwise totally stripped. The other one (an 80 something) was so bad I did not recognise it as an elky at first. I'm still looking for a number of parts. Let me know what you are looking for and I will keep my eyes open for it. You can email me at [email protected].

Wayne

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think that malibu or chevelle windows would probably work. I dont know if it is true, but I have heard that the only difference between the 3 is that the elky is a chevelle with a truck bed, and a malibu is a 4-door chevelle. So, if this is true those windows would probably work

·
Banned
881 Posts
79 Caballero said:
I think that malibu or chevelle windows would probably work.
Not true. As stated earlier in this thread, the 5th gen El Camino door windows are unique. Only a 78-87 El Camino window will fit.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
119 Posts
'78 - '81 pontiac Bonneville 2 dr door shells and 2 door '78 - '81 malibu door shells along with all '78 -'87 El Caminos will work for the doors.That is all that will work and that is from Hollanders Interchange Book

The windows are '78 -'87 El Caminos ONLY! also from Hollanders. Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts