El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 87 Monte SS remote passenger side mirror off the ol evilbay this week...any tricks to get this bad boy installed?

Obviously the door panel has to come off and I hope I don't have to yank the glass to access the mirror studs and nuts.

Is there a particular way the cable has to be routed to the gauge cluster bezel? And yes, I already have a Monte bezel with the proper cut-outs. I'm still pondering what I can use the defrost switch to operate. I'm sure I'll come up with something cool for it to control. :cool:

·
1,867 Posts
You will not have to remove the glass, just roll the window down all the way. I am not sure about cable routing.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Pull the door panel off and roll the window down to access the two mirror attaching nuts.
To run the remote cable, remove the right side kick panel and route it through the rubber accordian sleeve between the door and door pillar, (assuming you have power locks and or windows,) if you do not, get your drill ready and scare up some rubber grommets.
Route the cable between the glove box and hush panel, then behind the radio and up to the hole in the gauge cover.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Good luck, and may the farce be with you Luke.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Right side remote mirror

Anyone know a source for right side remote mirror to match the sport mirrors on my 1979 Elky? I've watched EBay for months and not even one.

·
1,867 Posts
Do you check under Malibu also? You could try WC Whitney.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts