El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 87 the passenger side dash panel that contains the center and right side A/C vents is discolored. I purchased a new one but would like someone who has removed theirs to confirm that the panel just pops in and out..
R/T

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
87 should or will have the metal clips which I believe are a type of spring steel. I've pulled a few and have just carefully pulled the panel off, paying more attention to the areas with the clips. I've heard also that if you drop the glove box down you can reach up and turn them horizontal to line up with slots in the dash. I've never tried it...and it seems to me the clips are barbed so not sure how easily they turn.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the existing clips fall into never neverland when the panel is pulled loose? My new panel did not come with clips. Maybe I should buy some before I remove the old one just in case the existing ones disappear.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I guess it's possible that the clips could pull loose...but I don't think I've had one do that. If it did I guess it could get hung up behind the dash somewhere. They're in there pretty good and I think that's what the barbs are for.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I will try to R & R the panel

Thanks

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Mine was painted like a brushed aluminum by the P.O. came out great! Just an FYI 👍😎
IMG_4278.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts