El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am searching for passenger side window guide rail. I need the foreward one that is nearest the hinges. Anyone know where I might be able to pick one up? I really need it before winter hits. I have one more question. It appears that the window nob on the drivers side will not come off. I've tried all the different penatrating oils etc. and it still will not budge. Any suggestions before I put the heat to it? I sure hope that they guy who owned it before me didn't install it with JB weld or something. Anyway, thanks my friend!

Bob

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not sure exactly of which one you might need. The vertical(side) or the horizonal(top). The vertical is disc. and I couldn't find it. Might want to try a junkyard on that one. It also fits 2 doors. The horizonal I found(GM # 20079226)at Webb Auto Group in Farmington NM (505)327-5039. They could probably ship it to you.

The window crank handle has a clip that retains it on the regulator. You need either a special window crank removal tool(you can get at any parts store)or try and get it off with a long screwdriver. I'd suggest the tool cause it's really simple to use and won't damage your trim panel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts