El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you elky nuts. I am adding a new page to my website. It's a few pics of my shop and the elky. It's just getting started so don't expect much. I pulled the motor out of the elky this past weekend. Going to make a few changes to it. It will look and run much better after I'm through. I will post before and after pics of the engine. Check it out if you like. Please sign the guestbook too?..........
:wink:
http://www.geocities.com/elky72ss454/MyShop.html

·
Banned
881 Posts
It looks like you've got everything in that shop that you need. My 24X26 garage has just about the same equipment. The only disturbing image I saw was that LITE beer bottle in the trash. :lol:

:mrgreen:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
87ElCamino said:
The only disturbing image I saw was that LITE beer bottle in the trash. :lol: :mrgreen:
Naw, that was probably from the wife/GF helpin out the night before... :lol:

Looks like you've got everything you need close at hand. Keep us updated with your engine progress...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mecheng said:
I think Bud's the winner by popular demand.
Buds definatly the winner in my world. Yes, that was a lady friends miller lite. (I don't have nor want a wife)The safe is full of guns, no room for elky parts. I'm now contemplating buying a ram jet 502. I think it's an awesome engine. That way I can save the numbers matching engine. I'll update the page soon. The guestbook I mentioned is on my main webpage at the link below.....
http://geocities.com/elky72ss454/BayouStateElcamino.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice lookin shop. Your shop looks like you know what you're doin when it comes to wrenchin. I just tinker around with my 4-wheeler, when it comes to the big stuff, I let my brother take care of that.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Great look'in shop, but an even better looking Elky. I have admired your elky, and have seen your web site even before joining ECC this past weekend. My 72 is Mohave Gold also. I would have loved to find a SS like yours, but those matching numbers SS's are very hard to find. As you know, not many true ones are around.
I am going to try and make mine look a little like yours with a new hood stripe and hood pins. As a matter of fact, I have a picture of yours that I am bringing to the body shop, for an example. Hope you don't mind.

Now, seeing that you took out that nice 454 of yours, and if you need a place to store it, I would be more than willing to hold onto it for you in my elky. I would take real good care of it. Promise.....

Jay

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments Jay. I better keep the 454 since it's a numbers matching engine. I'm in the process of buying a ram jet 502. I want to really turn some heads at the local car shows. I think that awesome fuel injected 502 will be just the thing to get some real attention. Might get some unwanted attention as well....LOL...I've viewed pics of your elky too. It's a very nice looking rig. You have what looks to be a solid elky. Thanks again...........Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts