·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Great pics Jay, thanks for not picking on me too bad.:poke:

I'm leaving tomorrow and wont have a chance to get mine posted for a few weeks.:dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Stay warm up there Sean and GET SOME PAIN ON THAT THING so the rest of ours can get a little attention at the next meet!

:beer:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
He's pulling the doors 1st thing in the morning to do the jambs.

Promises to have it done when I get home.

And I dont need paint, you guys need primer spots.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
OK, got my pics downloaded and uploaded.

On the pics where there is a car launching on the strip then a pic of the time board that is that cars time.

The tan van ran mid 14s, the green wagon turned low 17s and the blue/silver Elky ran high 12s.

Also a pic of a dark green/white '55 for DDD, see next photo of rear window:poke:

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l497/MyElkySS/Super%20Chevy%20Show/

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Hey guy's, great pictures!

Doug

·
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
HOT ROD HOT LINE SITE HAS POSTED THE FULL SHOW CAR PICTURES, these are of all the show cars and area. The gallery posted picture are just El Camino's and the group of members.

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/node/1050/3511/1

Should anyone have more pictures I can add to the gallery of the show if you email them to me.

·
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chuck A++++ great shots of the drags I like it and it is very quiet to watch at home.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Chuck , Sean and Jay , Great job on the photos ! That was a great time and can`t wait till next year . Super Chevy again gave us great up front parking and although we were nudged out as biggest club by the Tri County Camaro Club , S.S. gave the El Caminos nice mentions at both the Sat. and Sun. awards presentations . Great to get to finally meet Brett and his dad Raphael on Sun . Enjoyed hearing that his El Camino is heading toward completion . Donations are still appreciated and info can be found in a region 6 forum on " making a teenager`s dream come true " . The ladies seemed to have a good time on Sat. going off to the Flager Museum which I would like to see . They sure took care of us at the cookout on Sat. at the "Mayor of Singer Island and Mignon`s motel . The time that Randy spent on the food and preparation was greatly appreciated and tasted excellent . C.J. was whipping the grill around like he knew waht he was doing . Great meeting Sean`s daughter Sam and nice to see teenagers enjoying hanging out with their dad and our members .

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
What was especially enjoyable to me , was the wide assortment of great Camino rides this year . A special treat was honored guest Eric and his dad , with a newly and completely reconditioned IROC . This vehicle was the one and only IROC Camino that was actually on the track and used as a Pace Car for the race series . It is an historical vehicle . Eric`s friend Roger brought his real cool Iroc tribute ride that among it`s other nice features had a super charged engine . Neil , 464elky took a well earned first in the conversion class for his beautiful and highly modified 84 that he constructed himself . The new Buick motor speaks very loudly ! Another over the top ride was the winner in modified . The Camino had a black paint job that looked so deep , it looked like you could fall into it . Purchased just a couple of months ago , the previous owner invested almost $ 80 , 000.00 in the complete Corvette engine , trans , interior and independent suspension set up . Josh , also a M and M Speed and Custom member , took a first in the Street Class with his freshly painted , sweet looking gold colored Camino . Admired by many of the spectators of the show were several of the Caballeros and Caminos that were original and stock looking . Outstanding winner Edonthebeach`s sleeper with cool ghost flames , C.J. and Tootie with a new bed lid done up in pearl white . Randy`s Caballero got it`s share of admirers with it`s clean , original lines . New comer Mike that also joined us the previous week at NMCA had his Blue 2 nd Gen. with a big block looking great . Had an award for best work in progress been given , Sean`s 2 nd Gen. would have taken it with it`s great " I`m ready for paint " , look ! Saying no to paint was Carretera`s old Camino that now belongs to his nephew dressed in a sinister coat of flat black and a Death Proof Skull hood painting . Chuck`s sweet 70 would have trophied if he had been able to attend Sunday also . The 1970 gold colored 454 powered Camino again took a top award for the third year in a row . " The Mayor of Singer Island , Glenn had his red 70 looking great and is now in the process of changing out his cam set up . :You_Rock:

·
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lenny you forgot your Outstanding win in 1987 Modified Class and our mayor GLenn's win in 1964 to 1986 Modified Class (with a flat cam?) The MM car was an Outstanding in Street and Randy's return to stock class got him an Outstanding in Stock that took some work good job. This show was a real good example of Region 6, showing up with 14 members and doing so well in the awards area with several new to the show members and none members attending with quality rides. Lenny's Club display got lots of looks and questions, CJ coming out and showing he is the BBQ master, Randy rounding up the food and cooking some great dishes and Glenn being one great host, Tony come for hours but arranges the club tickets to help the hole group. This group brings more than cars to the show and is why many of us make the long trips to enjoy a gathering and a show.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Looks like the computer operator has a little confusion too there Lenny :poke:

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
What was especially enjoyable to me , was the wide assortment of great Camino rides this year . A special treat was honored guest Eric and his dad , with a newly and completely reconditioned IROC . This vehicle was the one and only IROC Camino that was actually on the track and used as a Pace Car for the race series . It is an historical vehicle.
Lenny, thanks! We enjoyed bringing the Pace Car, but it has not been reconditioned. She's 100% original as the day it paced it's last race in '85 with only 1,500 original miles ( it only had 640 miles on it when we bought it in 2008 ). The paint, interior, rims, tires...everything on it is original and it has always been garaged. The only things not original are the cloth dash mat (to protect the un-cracked dash), and an AC Delco distributor cap and battery. It was never even titled until 2008 and was still on an open Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts