El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in touch with the Pismo-Grover Beach Holiday Inn. They informed me that July 6-8 is the biggest event date in this year (4th of July week-end) therefore they cannot extend any rate discounts.

They can, however, reserve a block of rooms for $139.99 for Thursday, and $189.95 @ for Friday and Saturday.

Personally, I think that's pretty steep but I'm game if you guys are.
The last thing I want is low attendance due to costs.

We can:

1) Look for more affordable accommodations, however given the date, I think we're going to pay premium rates anywhere we go.

2) Choose another date.

3) Pay the premium rate.

What are your thoughts?

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,455 Posts
I have been in touch with the Pismo-Grover Beach Holiday Inn. They informed me that July 6-8 is the biggest event date in this year (4th of July week-end) therefore they cannot extend any rate discounts.

They can, however, reserve a block of rooms for $139.99 for Thursday, and $189.95 @ for Friday and Saturday.

Personally, I think that's pretty steep but I'm game if you guys are.
The last thing I want is low attendance due to costs.

We can:

1) Look for more affordable accommodations, however given the date, I think we're going to pay premium rates anywhere we go.

2) Choose another date.

3) Pay the premium rate.

What are your thoughts?
Danny,
I'm up for option #2, that premium rate is pretty steep!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Danny,

I am with Al. There is no reason we have to go during the peak season. Not only will the price be lower another weekend, but there will be fewer rookies on the road, beach, and in the hotel parking lot. Just a thought.

·
1,455 Posts
At those prices I will not be able to buy the first round.:poke:

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
We'll have to sleep in the car. I am not going to sacrafice my beer money for a bed. Specially when I drive a couch. LOL:yell:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
We'll have to sleep in the car. I am not going to sacrafice my beer money for a bed. Specially when I drive a couch. LOL:yell:

I got the tents paper plates and four ice chest start filling up the old milk jugs with water and freezing them. I'll keep watching for beer sales. Probably cheaper to fly up.
Want to save money camping on Pismo beach. I was in east L.A. tripping on all the junk stores and I saw a stash of air mattresses. We love our trucks so much why no sleep in back of the Elco with the stars bonfire couple ATV'S $50.00 A PIECE AND PITCH IN AND RENT A MOTOR HOME FOR THE WOMEN.

BACK TO THE ISSUE I'LL FOLLOW THE LEADER AIN'T MISS'N THIS FOR ANYTHING UNLESS MR fIN AND I HAVE A DATE WITH THE LOTTO OFFICIALS.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/central-coast/pismo-beach

Just looking your in charge I'm happy with what everybody decides.

1. Home >
  2. USA >
  3. California >
  4. Central Coast >
  5. Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach California USA Vacation Rentals by Owner

Other areas nearby to Pismo Beach:

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK...
Let's move on to a new date.
As soon as I finish this pesky thing called WORK, I'm gonna get on the horn with the Grover Beach guy and see what and when we can get the best deal. I'd like to target late July/early August. It seems most of you guys just want me to git'er done.
So... are there are any NO GO dates? If so, please post them.

And thanks for keeping this simple.

Steve, Juan, and I have purchased our NECOA Banner and it WILL fly in Pismo 2012!

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
I got the tents paper plates and four ice chest start filling up the old milk jugs with water and freezing them. I'll keep watching for beer sales. Probably cheaper to fly up.
Want to save money camping on Pismo beach. I was in east L.A. tripping on all the junk stores and I saw a stash of air mattresses. We love our trucks so much why no sleep in back of the Elco with the stars bonfire couple ATV'S $50.00 A PIECE AND PITCH IN AND RENT A MOTOR HOME FOR THE WOMEN.

BACK TO THE ISSUE I'LL FOLLOW THE LEADER AIN'T MISS'N THIS FOR ANYTHING UNLESS MR fIN AND I HAVE A DATE WITH THE LOTTO OFFICIALS.

http://serve.mysmiley.net/party/party0003.gif
...I got my own room...

:beer::beer:

·
1,455 Posts
Aug is a bad month for me. I heading up to Reno for a week for Hot Aug. Nights with my wife and Uncle and then home for a week then to Lake Tahoe for a week. June or July would be OK.

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK...
How does July 26, 27, & 28 sound? That's Thursday thru Saturday nights.
We arrive on Thursday afternoon and check out Sunday morning!

I got the Grover Beach guy to give us a flat fee of $145 for each night of July 26, 27, & 28.

A cost of $435 for the long week-end.

That's $85 off the "summer rate". If we're going to meet at a prime beach location in mid-summer, this is as good of a deal that we can expect.

I'm hoping it doesn't discourage anybody. It's a fantastic location and very nice accommodations. It is a great launch area for any activity.

I'd like to commit to a 10-block of units by early next week.

Talk to me :poke:... who's in? :nanawrench:... or why not?:dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I'm in that's around $650.00 -$700.00 easy gas and lodging for me. It's worth it as long as we get enough members together meeting for the first time that's why I'm going otherwise just to meet a couple I can pass through San Jose on a fishing expedition and visit for the day during the summer. ALL I CAN SAY IS LET'S ALL COMMIT WITH NO BACKING OUT. Maybe a good idea to collect a deposit or full payment in advance just in case?:beer: Also like I said before anybody want to split a room I'm game.

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's two of us! :nanawrench:

·
1,455 Posts
I'm in for Friday noonish / Sat & Sun. but I cannot make on thur.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I didn't even pay attention that's what I was thinking Fri/Sat/Sun. and hook up on the way with Al/SoCal.

Man you would have freaked Al. I went to the market and there were cars around me but good enough no door dings but when I came out all there was were shopping carts all around my truck no cars. It looked like I was sounded. There had to be at least ten and my truck.

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Friday is cool, Al.
I'm going up Thursday afternoon so the wife and I can have some "us" time. For you single guys, that means... she shops and I drive her around!
:dontknow:

I'm in for Friday noonish / Sat & Sun. but I cannot make on thur.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Is this a firm date so I can change my time off with my brothers? I don't want them to start picking time till I'm sure what were doing.:secret:

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Firm! July 26-29 Pismo Beach!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts